Why is there no love for are boys/girls the gem dragons?

ZAR22

Villager
They where almost as important and as popular as the other two main dragon groups, and at one point was a main group with them. Why are the d&d makers so against gem dragons? I mean they try to replace them with all these other non thought out and not so imaginative dragons, just to replace them, and in 4th edition got completely rid of them, added more awful dragons like steel, iron, pearl, etc. Only steel was thought almost fully out, but it was ripping off ideas of gem dragons, by using the non gem called gem dragons, the obsidians, idea of having the dragon leaders mind put into a body of the same dragon breed. Alot of dragon ideas for all these new sub classes have ideas either pulled from metallics, chromatics, and/or gems.
From what I heard recently, the Co-manger of d&d, who is trying to put politics into D&D (https://youtu.be/-qD7_mNedFM), so how, in MY OPINION(ya, I know people don't seem to like those), I think they(him) wants the main alignments like the main social parties, so they make the primary like this(I am not saying any of these politic groups are either good or bad, just using it as an example, and this isn't counting people of color(aka minus whites(which doesn't make sense), as I think all the other non main dragons like the steel represent, metaphorically, the people of color): For main dragon groups, there is only bad(republicans/chromatics) and good(democratic/metallics), but there is NO neutral(middle parties/Non Party associated people/ gems) because you MUST be one of thoughs sides.
It's only black and white, there is only people who run on emotions and (basically) bend to people who won't help themselves (metallics almost always trying to help humans), or the people who run on the scary, bad, mean mister LOGIC(minus the far right(hill billies)) and want to destroy people who won't help themselves (Chromatics are the generic stereotypical human battling villains).
BUT remember now, there aren't supposed (grey) people who run on both these things (emotion & logic), because they contradict each other, and no real person is down to earth (which is what most gems are, save a few), and leveled headed at the same time. But its not luke they would be fun to be around, right?
Well, the reality is they (good ones) usually make good friends, they are like the prankster (little bit) of the copper, the talking part of brass, the caring(sometimes) of bronze, the human interest taking (1/3 of the way) piece of silver, the mind powers of gold, the territory greedyness of a red, the cunning of a green, the cruel(sometimes) of the blacks, the visual manipulation of the blues (mirages, but only you can see them), and the cooropertation of the whites with other giant creatures, h#ll the crystals will ADOPT (We need more adopting kids then making them!) Whites and raise them as their own, and try to make them better dragons!)
So, why are gem dragons treated this way? It seems unfair to them.:confused::.-(

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
T and in 4th edition got completely rid of them, added more awful dragons like steel, iron, pearl, etc. Only steel was thought almost fully out, but it was ripping off ideas of gem dragons

Except for things like Steel Dragons, and Iron Dragons already existed long long before 4e and have nothing to do with gem dragons. I can't remember the details of the iron dragon, but the 4e Steel Dragon matches up very well to the 2e steel dragon, so it's not a gem dragon rip off.

And I say all that, as someone who really likes gem dragons. The rest of the post I just won't respond to.

ZAR22

Villager
I ment the steel dragon's lore of their ruler, not their physical appearance, and they went bad when they came into 4th edition. So, yes that part of steal dragon is very closely a rip off of how the gem dragons get thier leaders.
Ok, don't know why you are telling you won't respond to the rest of it, most just don't say anything afterwards.

ccs

41st lv DM
Ok, don't know why you are telling you won't respond to the rest of it, most just don't say anything afterwards.

So you'll get the hint that your political crap about republicans/democrats & whatnot isn't welcome and won't post more of it.

ZAR22

Villager
So you'll get the hint that your political crap about republicans/democrats & whatnot isn't welcome and won't post more of it.

My political crap? I was just using it as an example and going off of what I have heard, and I am sorry you don't welcome it, and you can just leave this post, and if you don't like hearing of the mention of politics, then I am sorry you feel that you can tell people what they can and can not post.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases