Great Old Ones in BoTR cosmology

Old Geezer

First Post
Hello there!

So....I'm steadily absorbing Sandy Peterson's Cthulhu Mythos for 5e, and have been pondering ways to fit the Great Old Ones and their ilk into the cosmology of Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous 5e.

One thought I had was that the Great Old Ones are very ancient qlippoth who saw the writing on the proverbial wall and fled outside the Great Sphere to watch from afar, biding their time.

I guess I am looking to see if anyone else had ideas on their origins. Perhaps they were always there (and the Nameless One knew they were, but consciously avoided them?).

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. I'll keep pondering....maybe a possibility will come to me.....and thanks for listening.

dave2008

Legend
I've got SPCM and I am enjoying it, but unfortunately I am completely unfamiliar with the Book of the Righteous. However, are you just looking to use the monsters or the actual Mythos? If you want the Mythos, then nothing should be above the Great Old Ones. The whole point is that there is no safety net and you cannot defeat them. Have you checked out the Azathoth entry?

Old Geezer

First Post
I've got SPCM and I am enjoying it, but unfortunately I am completely unfamiliar with the Book of the Righteous. However, are you just looking to use the monsters or the actual Mythos? If you want the Mythos, then nothing should be above the Great Old Ones. The whole point is that there is no safety net and you cannot defeat them. Have you checked out the Azathoth entry?

The monsters more than the Mythos. I get that they are powerful entities who most likely can't be stopped, but I am looking more for where they fit in the BoTR mythos. Thank you for your input, tho! I did check out Azathoth's entry....heavy stuff, to be sure!

gyor

Legend
Hello there!

So....I'm steadily absorbing Sandy Peterson's Cthulhu Mythos for 5e, and have been pondering ways to fit the Great Old Ones and their ilk into the cosmology of Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous 5e.

One thought I had was that the Great Old Ones are very ancient qlippoth who saw the writing on the proverbial wall and fled outside the Great Sphere to watch from afar, biding their time.

I guess I am looking to see if anyone else had ideas on their origins. Perhaps they were always there (and the Nameless One knew they were, but consciously avoided them?).

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. I'll keep pondering....maybe a possibility will come to me.....and thanks for listening.

I'm not familiar with that cosmology I'm afraid.

Remove ads