[ToA] the Sewn Sisters - for a party of strong level 13+ characters (spoilers, obviously)

CapnZapp

Legend
As written, the Sewn Sisters are presented as an encounter against three Night Hags. That is not nearly enough for my needs, and weak even against a party of the prescribed level. I want a truly epic fight after they reach the sixth and final level of the dungeon, and besides, my party is severely over-leveled anyway. So here I present an alternate encounter suggestion for anyone interested :)

Edit: I thought this stuff belongs better in the general Enhancing ToA thread...

Link: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ng-Tomb-of-Annihilation&p=7537213#post7537213

Last edited:

CapnZapp

Legend
In the end, the heroes had it easy, and the fight was a done deal in three rounds.

The players lucked out with initiative; I think only one witch and one champion rolled better than going after all six heroes. Then the Sorcerer cast twinned Hold Monster on that champion, so in the end, only one monster acted before the slowest of the heroes.

Then - twinned Hold Monster. The cloned Barbarian went down without ever acting once (and thus not Raging).

Still, one witch and the cloned Paladin + Rogue managed to down the Monk (despite AC 26!). Both the Paladin and the Barbarian (the originals, that is) ended the fight bloodied as well.

So not exactly a cakewalk, but still - a fight where it very early became obvious how it would end. (It ended with the cloned Rogue holed up in a room until swamped).

I believe the witches got off a total of four (4) hexes; all resisted.

Everybody was still reasonably satisfied, I would say. They all agreed this could have been much much nastier... Not only initiative, but if the Hold Monster didn't take, or if the Sorcerer's Blink didn't send her to safety (Peggy would definitely have targeted her with Twisted in that case, and even with Luck points, making that DC 18 Strength save would have been a dicey proposal)...

Just to mention a few variables, that really are infinite! (What if the cloning process had selected the Monk, or the Sorcerer, or what if... etc)

We'll see how they like Acecerak in the next room...

Remove ads