Character with Every Skill Proficiency

ccs

41st lv DM
You do realize that here in 5e all prof in a skill gives you are more +s on the roll, right? It's not like 3x/PF where if you lack a rank in about 1/2 the skills you can't even roll. :(

That said, it's an amusing exercise to see how you can get them all.

W

WhosDaDungeonMaster

You do realize that here in 5e all prof in a skill gives you are more +s on the roll, right?

Actually, I am not sure what you mean by this....

That said, it's an amusing exercise to see how you can get them all.

How about this exercise: build a 20th-level character with maximum possible bonus to Initiative rolls. :D

Yunru

Banned
Banned
How about this exercise: build a 20th-level character with maximum possible bonus to Initiative rolls. :D

Rolled stats or point build?
You can have an Initiative of 5+Dex+Int+Wis+Cha with Alert, War Wizard, Gloom Stalker, and Swashbuckler, but you're not going to be able to maximise all of those without rolling for stats.

Last edited:

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Crib notes:

War Wizard 4/Gloom Stalker 4/Swashbuckler 4/Fighter 8.

15/15/13/12 Dex/Int/Wis/Cha

Half-Elf; +2 Cha, +1 Dex, +1 Int

16/16/13/14

ASI 1: Alert
ASI 2: +2 Int
ASI 3: +2 Int
ASI 4: +2 Dex
ASI 5: +2 Dex
ASI 6: +2 Cha

20/20/13/16

Initiative: 1d20+19

Things like headband of intellect could make it higher if we knew we could get one.

Edit: Be a Champion; +22 Init mod

Last edited:

W

WhosDaDungeonMaster

That was similar to what I came up with, but I did only War Wizard 2 and Fighter 10. Same result, though.

Now try this one: End-build with greatest Speed per turn (consistently, that is, so +10 move for first turn, etc. is not applicable).

Yunru

Banned
Banned
That was similar to what I came up with, but I did only War Wizard 2 and Fighter 10. Same result, though.

Now try this one: End-build with greatest Speed per turn (consistently, that is, so +10 move for first turn, etc. is not applicable).

Already done, you'll have to find the thread though .

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.

Here's a quick and simple Level 20 build, ignoring magic items, outside spells, shapechanging, and flying speeds: (I don't have time to research shapechange forms, items, etc.)

Wood Elf: 35
Monk 6: +15
Wizard 5 (Bladesinger): +10 when Bladesong is active
Rogue 9 (Scout): +10 and Cunning Action
Mobile Feat: +10
Longstrider Spell: +10
Haste Spell: Doubled Speed

So after casting Longstrider and Haste on yourself, then activating Bladesong, your base speed is 180 feet when not wearing armor. With a Move, a Dash action, another Dash action from Haste, and a Dash Bonus Action from Cunning Action, that's 720 feet per round, for 1 minute at a time.

Even without any spells or Bladesong active, your base speed is 70 feet, and you can move up to 210 feet every round (Move/Dash/Bonus Dash).

Last edited:

W

WhosDaDungeonMaster

A Wood-Elf Monk 15/ Barbarian 5 with Mobile gives a Speed of 80 every move or dash (35 + 25 + 10 + 10).

But you could sack 2 levels of Monk for Rogue and use the cunning action every round (which is consistent). Then you would have a Speed of 75 and could move 225 feet every round, all day long. :)

Remove ads