Solo: A Star Wars Story on Netflix

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
In case you want to see it again, or for the first time. Rogue One is still there also, but I believe it leaves some time this month. The Last Jedi is there too.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Yep, Saw it in theaters, and watched it again this weekend. Still good. IMO.
Sad that it will be leaving so soon, but Disney.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I watched it with my mom yesterday. She enjoyed it but said it was dark and gloomy. Also she thought they left us hanging at the end. I think they were hoping for a sequel. Now that seems unlikely.

Mercurius

Legend
I just re-watched the Last Jedi and it was better than I remembered. Still not very good, but entertaining enough and I wasn't filled with aggravated existential ennui. I think it is mostly due to having low expectations and be prepared for some hokey scenes - I knew to expect Luke acting like a teenager, Leia flying through space, and sad Disney animals faces, so I could brace myself.

I also re-watched TFA. Enjoyable but my overall feeling of Disney Star Wars is still that it very much watches like a cinematic version of fan fic "reimagined" in the current sociocultural context, although unfortunately lacking the mythological depth and creative imaginings of the original trilogy.

Zardnaar

Legend
I just re-watched the Last Jedi and it was better than I remembered. Still not very good, but entertaining enough and I wasn't filled with aggravated existential ennui. I think it is mostly due to having low expectations and be prepared for some hokey scenes - I knew to expect Luke acting like a teenager, Leia flying through space, and sad Disney animals faces, so I could brace myself.

I also re-watched TFA. Enjoyable but my overall feeling of Disney Star Wars is still that it very much watches like a cinematic version of fan fic "reimagined" in the current sociocultural context, although unfortunately lacking the mythological depth and creative imaginings of the original trilogy.

You missed Rogue One thats the good one IMHO.

ccs

41st lv DM
Saw it in the theaters. Not sure why there was such a hate on for this movie. It was fun.

I don't know why others disliked it, but I wasn't a fan because:
1) It compressed virtually everything (including the dice, gun, & name) we know about pre-ANH Han into 1 adventure.
The only thing you don't see is him dumping a load of spice...
2) I just didn't buy the actor they tapped to play Han.
He might be just fine in some other movie, but I think they picked the wrong guy for this role.

Remove ads