Ideas for High School D&D Club Fundraising

Aiden_Keller_

First Post
Greetings,

I am a High School Teacher in a small, rural town in Alaska. Recently, I started a D&D Club and we are trying to brainstorm ideas to fundraise in order to get supplies.

Anyone have any ideas?

I started a GoFundMe but otherwise I am drawing a blank...

Retreater

Legend
I'm a children's librarian who has run game programs before. Here are some ideas.

Try writing to the companies to get donations.
If you have a local gaming store, see about discounts.
Ask staff members if any of them or their kids used to play and have dice or anything they'd want to donate.
Libraries have a League of Librarian Gamers on Facebook. I wonder if teachers have a similar page? If so, connect with them.

What sorts of things do you need?

pogre

Legend
In the same situation. Thinking about running a con with a silent auction, but interested in what you come up with.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
What is the larger gaming community like in your area?

Could you run a mini-con organized by the club? Charge a small registration fee.

You could run an 4-6 hour Epic (either an Adventurer's League epic or just something modeled on that concept), dial up the lethality and then allow people to buy inspiration/reroll. Maybe $1 per reroll. Silent auctions can work well, if you can get people/FLGSs to donate items.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
All the standard club stuff could be done. Bake sales, 50-50 tickets if that's allowed by law. My judo club sometimes gets gigs doing set up tear down or coat check for local events (non-alchoholic) that we get a stipend for (conferences, gala dinner etc). The events thing is probably a tough sell in the time of Corona though, and you did say small rural town. Even stuff like snow removal or car washed (in better weather) might be useful. Lots of clubs in my town also do charity bagging at the local grocery store for tips.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases