D&D 5E JC Tweets: How Close to official rulings do you consider them to be?

JC Tweets: How Close to official rulings do you consider them to be?

• His tweets about rules are the next closest thing to official we have in absence of sage advice.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • They are between nearly official and meaningless unless they match or contradict sage advice.

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • They are no closer to official than something a bum of the street could say.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 9 12.5%

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
In my question above, I'm not asking what JC's tweets are, I'm asking for you to identify what the next closes thing to official wotc rulings are if it's not his tweets?

Dude, stop trying to make Fetch happen. You cannot define people into a corner and then demand they say what you want them to say.

2sr35z.jpg

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I mean, they JUST made it clear in the official Sage Advice that twitter posts, from anyone including Crawford, are not official. "The public statements of the D&D team, or anyone else at Wizards of the Coast, are not official rulings;"

Yep but I'm asking, out of all non-official rulings which ones do you view as the best substitute for official rulings when there isn't an official ruling?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Yep but I'm asking, out of all non-official rulings which ones do you view as the best substitute for official rulings when there isn't an official ruling?

And you need to let people answer you with "none". You seem to want to force people to agree with you but they don't agree with you. It should be OK to say "none". Or even, "the ones I make at my table". "None" and "the ones I make at my table" are in fact valid answers even if you disagree with them or it irritates you that people give those answers.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
And you need to let people answer you with "none". You seem to want to force people to agree with you but they don't agree with you. It should be OK to say "none". Or even, "the ones I make at my table". "None" and "the ones I make at my table" are in fact valid answers even if you disagree with them or it irritates you that people give those answers.

For the question I just asked about what the best non-official substitute for an official ruling when there isn't an official ruling, "none" would be a valid answer.

For the question I just asked about what the best non-official substitute for an official ruling when there isn't an official ruling, "none" would be a valid answer.

Unfortunately, trying to get straight, serious answers to any poll here is like trying to ask a genie for a wish without getting screwed over. lol

Yunru

Banned
Banned
To be pedantic:
Technically a bum off the street is closer to being official than anyone on the WotC team when it comes to tweets, as the WotC team's tweets are officially unofficial, which is the most unofficial of all tweets.

Remove ads