WOIN Delayed Actions / Holding Your Turn

daniiren

Explorer
The closest mechanic would be Overwatch, but I think this implies a ranged attack. I don't see any mechanical reasons why it couldn't be extended to cover all manner of held actions. I don't recall anything about delaying turns, but I would allow players to shift themselves down to lower initiatives to hold their entire turn.

Irishrelief

Explorer
The closest mechanic would be Overwatch, but I think this implies a ranged attack. I don't see any mechanical reasons why it couldn't be extended to cover all manner of held actions. I don't recall anything about delaying turns, but I would allow players to shift themselves down to lower initiatives to hold their entire turn.

This is probably the best thing to do. Especially because Overwatch is supposed to be a ranged thing. You could just say there is a melee variant to go along with Overwatch. Or just the straight DND delay action. Thanks for the question, I didn't know there wasn't a straight delay feature until now.

N.E.W. said:
Overwatch is a special type of action. When you choose to enter overwatch, you wait ready with a ranged weapon to fire on any targets which make themselves available. Usually this means targets which break cover and enter your line of sight. You enter overwatch in your turn, and remain in overwatch until the start of your next turn.

Remove ads