Does anyone play an Easter-themed game?

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I'm wrapping up prep for my game tomorrow and it just crossed my mind that, until this moment, it didn't even cross my mind to run an Easter-themed game.

I know lots of folks run Christmas and Halloween themed games.

Thanksgiving is often a popular game day, though nobody in my circle runs a Thanksgiving-themed game.

Easter falls on a Sunday and the Monday is not a national holiday in the USA, so it doesn't seem to be a common time to get together for gaming, but I'm curious if anyone runs an Easter Themed game.

I know many people are turned off by holiday-themed games, but a friend of mine ran a Mutant Crawl Classics game over Christmas break (Home of the Holideath) and we had a lot of fun. You just have to embrace the camp.

So, has anyone ever ran some good Easter-themed adventures?

Even though tomorrow's game falls on the day before Easter Sunday, I'm not going to try to shoehorn the Easter Bunny into Rappan Athuk...though maybe those wererats could be wererabbits...hmmm.....

Bluenose

Adventurer
I'm planning to run a Pendragon scenario on Monday which will take place at Easter with the normal Christian religious activities taking place. Some of them have particular events associated with them. I suppose I'll be able to say afterwards whether it was good or not.

I do remember one that was fun, a Paranoia adventure where Friend Computer had discover, "Commies hate Easter!" Therefore Alpha Complex was going to have Easter and enjoy it. R&D had developed 'eggs', and the Troubleshooters were going to protect the factory making them from all sorts of attackers (Commies, of course, but also a Free Enterprise gang and some others) and then dress in 'traditional Easter costumes' and have an Easter egg hunt in the temporarily-closed Vulture Squadron Bombing Range with some very enthusiastic Ultraviolets and their assistants. Experienced Paranoia players are by now entirely aware just how many ways this could go badly - it did.

Tony Vargas

Legend
So, has anyone ever ran some good Easter-themed adventures?
Not /good/ ones, no.
But I ran a Gamma World game that featured a deadly Hoop (intelligent mutated rabbit that can turn metal to rubber) called "The Rock" who stole eggs from a community of mutated Terns, and used them in a ritual that included painting mystical patterns on them, in the hopes of "hatching Devils from the eggs" based on an Ancient spell he'd found, apparently written by "the Men of Hell."

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I'm wrapping up prep for my game tomorrow and it just crossed my mind that, until this moment, it didn't even cross my mind to run an Easter-themed game.

. . . So, has anyone ever ran some good Easter-themed adventures?

Even though tomorrow's game falls on the day before Easter Sunday, I'm not going to try to shoehorn the Easter Bunny into Rappan Athuk...though maybe those wererats could be wererabbits...hmmm.....

I'm pretty sure that as soon as a PC casts Raise Dead, it's an Easter-themed game. Or is it the other way around...

Werehares sound cool and all, but this is my default bunny encounter. Hands down:
http://rs638.pbsrc.com/albums/uu105/ivegotabikeucanride/Monty Python/thmonty_rabbit.gif~c200

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
No Easter specifically, but I did set one at a Spring festival that involved a hunt for the hen that layed the golden egg (which had been stolen by a giant)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases