flyswatter knife in thunderdome (or gandalfs walking stick)

alsih2o

First Post
remember that scene in beyond thunderdome where mad max has to check in his weapons before being allowed in?

he dumps a small arsenal of guns and knives and such on the counter (med. load probably :) ) and then gets in a fight. in the fight he pulls the handle form his flyswatter and it is a small dagger.

in TTT gandalf asks something like "you wouldn't take an old mans walking stick form him would you?" and the proceeds to jedi mind trick the king.

i would like to include a few hidden weapons in my campaign, and would like suggestions form enworlders. stats, description, search dc, that kind of thing.

walking stick swords, flyswatter knives, ham sandwich hand grenades.. give me what you got.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Magic item in my campaign, stolen from somewhere in D&D-land...

... a magic dagger that takes the form of a tattoo, and can switch back again.

DAGGER TATTOO: This is found as a magical +2 dagger with a command word on the handle; when spoken as a standard action, the dagger becomes small dagger tattoo on the skin of the arm holding the dagger (1d4 fire damage to the weilder, cannot be avoided with resistances or protections); when the command word is later spoken (as a free action), the dagger tattoo disappears and the dagger reappears in hand.

alsih2o said:
remember that scene in beyond thunderdome where mad max has to check in his weapons before being allowed in?

he dumps a small arsenal of guns and knives and such on the counter (med. load probably :) ) and then gets in a fight. in the fight he pulls the handle form his flyswatter and it is a small dagger.

in TTT gandalf asks something like "you wouldn't take an old mans walking stick form him would you?" and the proceeds to jedi mind trick the king.

i would like to include a few hidden weapons in my campaign, and would like suggestions form enworlders. stats, description, search dc, that kind of thing.

walking stick swords, flyswatter knives, ham sandwich hand grenades.. give me what you got.

Gloves of storing. Enchant regular gloves with Storing. Store any weapon you want, hidden.

Modify the gloves to finger gloves (and/or grant feat so putting gloves on is MEA or free) and combine with hewards handy haversack :)

Presto - any weapon you have can be hidden undetectably and recovered with only a MEA!.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
In Hawk the Slayer, Hawk, when captured, was allowed to keep his holy symbol so that he could make peaces with his God.

Little did they know it had a switchblade mechanism in it:)

God that was a good-bad movie.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Don't forget the boots with the retractable blade in the toe from that James Bond movie... :)

Mark said:
Don't forget the boots with the retractable blade in the toe from that James Bond movie... :)

hehe - a spellbook with a knife in it's binding, a cloak with bladed edges (neat weapon concept, terrible practicality), a boned, corseted, dress (if female) where each 'bone' can be removed and used as a dagger. Extend the boning under the outer skirt, and you can hide a rapier fairly well.

Hair pins as throwing daggers. Hand-fans bladed or each stick in the fan is another throwing dagger. back neck sheats obscured by cloak, robes or cape. A back with daggers sewn into the seams.

Wear long flowing robes/dress - attach sheaths to inner thighs.

A whip as a belt. A spiked chain as spiked chain mail.

Can't really hide a broadsword or longsword real well, but attaching them to outer cloaks/robes works, or disguising them as the clich sword cane/staff might work.

Just about anything you dress in or can carry with you could be a weapon or hide a weapon. Backpacks could hide axes. A deconstructed war axe could be sewn into the backpack pretty easily.

drnuncheon

Explorer
A little magical, but GR's Assassin's handbook has some very cool swords that can be hidden in one's shadow. Stylish as all get-out.

Shadowdancer

First Post
In the original OA book, there was a ninja weapon that looked like a walking staff, but when a button was depressed, a metal spike or tip came out of one end, making it a spear.

A very similar weapon was used by the protagenist in the "Spellsinger" series.

I always liked that weapon. Especially for characters proficient with both weapons -- quarterstaff and spear.

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
There's always Death Race 2000, where Frankenstein's hand screws off to make a hand grenade. I'd imagine an enterprising gnome or dwarf could make a prosthetic that was full of alchemists fire, or maybe the individual fingers snap off and can be used as thunderstones.

Or think of a vest or tunic an elf or bard would wear with an embroidered pattern on it. You grab two tassles and pull and the pattern detatches, slides off the vest and becomes a semi-rigid ball. You throw it/drop it and when it lands it becomes sticky and works as a tanglefoot bag.

Remove ads