Into the Icy Darkness: The Great Demon War

I've only read the first entry so far. I'm fond of adventurers who go out and adventure because they want to. Sure, there's probably something clinically wrong with people who risk their lives, but they're fun to read about.

It's interesting, because in a game I ran, one player had a character named Sabri, who thought she was part demon. It turned out she was half-Minotaur. Someone was really drunk one night. *grin*

I must say I like the old man, Dingalas, best. I just got this image of a player wearing earmuffs and sunglasses to pull off the senility.

It's fun. The beginning's a little rough, but I'll keep skimming it.

Yeah... the beginning starts out a little rough. The writing gets better as it goes on, though in some entries there are a few grammar mistakes (usually the entires close to/during the time I was supposed to be writing papers for classes :) ). When I first started, I merely reported what happened. It wasn't until around the third or fourth session type up that I started using dialogue and the like... thats when the story takes off.

I've been meaning to go back and do an editing overhaul on this, but I've had requests to finish the second story thread (that one a piece of fiction, not a recounting of game sessions) first.

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
I know it took me forever EV, but I finally finished. And, as Shaun would say, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap, holy crap.

As Mahtave said, the characters (PC and NPC) blend the plot seemlessly together. Despite the grammar errors, I find myself rivited every time I sit down. Which, as it may be, is why I don't sit down often. I rarely have the opportunity to spend 3 hours online reading one thing.

Ah well, now onto II.

Well, you're in time, as I'm trying to finally type up that word file of this thing (Its in another thread) with all the grammar mistakes corrected, and maybe some illustrations added if I can find a scanner.

And if this little memory bug with my SHs is fixed

Lela

First Post
Emperor Valerian said:
Well, you're in time, as I'm trying to finally type up that word file of this thing (Its in another thread) with all the grammar mistakes corrected, and maybe some illustrations added if I can find a scanner.

Ah, then you're fitting into my plan nicely. I've recently discovered how nice a job Kinkos can do with a .pdf. I've been thinking of taking some of the Story Hours that have been convereted over there and (re)reading them when I'm not next to a computer.

Emperor Valerian said:
And if this little memory bug with my SHs is fixed

I see you've found the same thread I did on the subject. Fun times for all.:\

Remove ads