D&D Miniatures Organized Play rules posted!

Wombat said:
eh

So are the miniatures rules now an enitrely separate game or an aspect of D&D?

Seems more like the former.
Since the very start, they were always both. Its STILL its own Skirmish game like Mage Knight and other Clix games, but it is ALSO easily usable for D&D.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The miniature rules are a separate game strongly based on D&D. Did you expect differently? Using the full RPG rules in a miniature game of several dozen combatants on each time... not good.

The actual miniatures can be used for the skirmish or mass combat games, or for regular D&D play. I don't use miniatures that much in the RPG, but I've been using the skirmish rules a lot. I think I'm in the minority, however - most people buying them are probably doing so for RPG usage.

Cheers!

Ravensworth

Explorer
For some reason I am not seeing the actual link to miniatures play. Is this the same as the Wizkids Dragon Attack Wing Series? IIRC you can play with miniatures other than flying creatures.

MarkB

Legend
For some reason I am not seeing the actual link to miniatures play. Is this the same as the Wizkids Dragon Attack Wing Series? IIRC you can play with miniatures other than flying creatures.

This thread is close to fifteen years old. The link has probably expired.

Remove ads