[Draconomicon Thoughts] Items From Dragon Parts

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Got the book (still reading it) and the section on dragoncraft got me to thinking.

How would you price items made from dragon parts?

I can think of a few things that would play a part. Namely:

How hard is the part to get?
Is the part appropriate to the product?
How hard is the part to work with?
What can you make from the part?
What demand is there for the product?

Take, for instance, a dragon leather cloak. That would take a thoroughly cleaned dragon hide. Shaved down if especially thick. Plucked if you have dragons much like mine (not feathers, my dragons have scales that are sort of like feathers). Tanned of course. In my scheme of things the hides of very young dragons are too fragile to make good leather, while those of very old dragons are a mite too tough. Unless you don't mind waiting years for a cloak. So most dragon leather cloaks are made from the hides of juvenile to mature adult dragons.

Some of the products I've come up with include: dragon leather armor, dragon scale armor (a feather like structure as I noted above), dragon scale cloaks. dragon leather clothing, (but no dragon scale clothing, too 'abrasive'), dragon bone musical intruments, weapons, cosmetics, medicines, nostrums, magical items.

But, you can be sure there are other things one could make from dragon parts. If you have any ideas feel free to post them in this thread. Also, what special qualities would dragoncraft products have?

Example: Properly treated the intestines of the silver dragon can be made into strings for violins, lutes, guitars, and the like of exceptional quality. Used with stringed instruments of masterwork quality they give Bards and similar classes a +2 to any effort that requires a die roll, and impart a 1 level boost to casting effects. Thus a Bard using a spell that lasts, say, 1 round per Bard level gets an extra round of spell duration when using a instrument so equipped.

Obviously such violin strings should be expensive, and hard to get. But, how expensive and how hard to get?

Input?

law

First Post
Its up to you. One way would be to price it as a magic item (to get to what it might cost) then change in from there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases