Eric, what's with the Amish look?

Henry

Autoexreginated
You didn't know? Eric and his wife have recently joined an Amish community! He claimed that he was "tired of the rat race," and retired to the rural life of simpler times and mores. The neat thing is that it's a Progressive Amish community, that allows modern contrivances of up to 1999 or so. The bad part is that he's stuck on a windows 98 box, but he can at least post to the internet and continue to Administer here!

I'm planning to go out for a visit next June.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Google image search for "rustic man"

Attachments

• rustic man.jpg
    rustic man.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 388

alsih2o

First Post
Henry said:
You didn't know? Eric and his wife have recently joined an Amish community! He claimed that he was "tired of the rat race," and retired to the rural life of simpler times and mores.

the funny thing about this is the rural life is much more a rat thing than the urban life i fear. on our ohio farm (in/near amish country) we had an old corncrib, and man you should have seen the rats scurry out of that thing. our dogs would chase them, and the cats grbabed some, and i took a few shots with my pitchfork(they have an amazing ac bonus for size and maxed out dex)

why you folks insist on racing the little heathen critters is beyond me.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
alsih2o said:
Why you folks insist on racing the little heathen critters is beyond me.

Humans will bet on anything given the opportunity. :D

"Hey, bet my black rat can beat your field mouse?"

"You're on! 20 yard dash!"

"Hey! No fair! Your rat's eating my mouse! CHARLEY!!!!!"

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
die_kluge said:
Google image search for "rustic man"

I thought that "rustic man" had been proven to be a scientific hoax, and that the discoverer had actually combined the skull of a Homo Sapiens with the jawbone of a Certified Public Accountant?

Anyways, good luck with the progressive amish! It's not having to use Win 98 that's all that bad, it's still being stuck with D&D 2e...

Remove ads