Which free adventure is good and short?

Shin Okada

Explorer
I have a DnD session tomorrow but the DM have sent me an e-mail that the session may be end very soon if things go well (or very bad). And he asked me to prepare some short adventure to play after that. As I am a little bit busy today, I want to use free adventures on WotC site. I have played some of them (The Burning Plague, The Ettin's Riddle, Base of Operations & The Alchemist's Eyrie). Other than those ones, which one do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

Shin Okada

Explorer
johnsemlak said:
Obviously the level you need is critical.

If a 1st level adventure is ok, The Wizard's Amulet is a good one that is minimal work. It's available at www.necrmancergames.com, in their free stuff section.

Thanks. As we are to roll new PCs for that short session, adventure for higher level PCs can be OK. But less than 10th level will be good as making higher level characters take much time.

Erratic K

First Post
Orc and Pie

http://www.montecook.com/arch_lineos11.html

Okay seriously:

Your situation is what I like Dungeon Magazine for...

but that is neither free nor online.

The free online WoTC modules for 3E (no conversion because they have some old 1E and 2E modules that are awesome but require conversion):

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20030530b&page=1

I haven't played many but I like the ones by Monte Cook okay- Black Rain worked out well for me. I also like:

Treasure of the Black Veils- Skip and Penny Williams ( a little bit of a railroad in this module)

and

Into the Frozen Waste- Eric Cagle

Wish they had a (complete) free adventure by Bruce Cordell because he made my favorites of the Adventure path series. And all though he has an add on to the published adventures there are no complete ones.

-E

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Some very nice suggestions I must say. But I also have to second if you're doing a first level run through, Wizard's Amulet is the way to go. That followed with Crucible of Freya are very complimentary products.

oakwood

First Post
there used to be a great list of links free adventures on the main site here, but I can never seem to find it.
anyone have a clue where that wound up?

Remove ads