D&D 3E/3.5 Helping Boz with CC 3.5: Converting Dragons.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Vulnerable cold fits perfectly with it, it's a jungle dragon, so it'd like the heat.

Looking at the dragon's spell-like abilities, heat metal doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the concept (which tends to be more druidic). What about swapping it out for plant growth, figuring that it would want to replace parts of the jungle it accidentally burnt down? - strange concept, a fire subtype promoting growth, but I like that idea.

Mortis

First Post
heat metal doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the concept (which tends to be more druidic).
Probably was given it to make those pesky adventurers drop their metal weapons. :D

Last edited:

Wippit Guud

First Post
Mortis said:
Probably was given it to make those pesky adventurers drop their metal weapons. :D
Eeeehhhhh... giving power just to annoy people... prefer giving power because it's more fitting to the creature...

Mortis

First Post
Heat Metal Ability

Heat Metal is a druidic spell (2nd level). Maybe the dragon absobs the heat from it's jungle environment and channels it into this ability.

Then again Plant Growth could work as well.

Regards,
Mortis

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Actually, I hadn't thought about it as the original had heat metal. What do you think should we replace the spell with something more in the line with something that dwells in the jungle?

Also, I have decided to drop the acid part of the breathweapom (making it pure fire that clings for three rounds) and dropping the acid resistance, since the original did not have acid resistance, it did however get a bonus on saves against poisons...

As for wheter or not the orange dragon is a true chromatic, I leave that up to those whom would use it, In my campaign however, they are true chromatics. :D

So, should it have cleric spells (and domains)?

And yes, I am giving it water breathing... :p

Krishnath

First Post
Funny, those where the ones I wanted to suggest. Anyone opposed to this?

And what should we replace Heat Metal with? It should preferebly be of the same level.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Replace heat metal with snare. They might use them for hunting, grabbing small creatures on the edges of their lairs to eat. Plus, it's a good way of distracting and delaying adventurers.

Demiurge out.

Wippit Guud

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Replace heat metal with snare. They might use them for hunting, grabbing small creatures on the edges of their lairs to eat. Plus, it's a good way of distracting and delaying adventurers.
I was thinking of entangle, but snare would work too.

Remove ads