Suggestions for finding a GM to hire?

MerakSpielman

First Post
So, I guess those of us who aren't getting payed to DM are "amateur DMs," versus those who make it a career and manage to become "professional DMs," right? If we occasionally get a paying gig, then we're "freelance DMs."

If I were applying for this gig (which I'm not), I'd ask if the pay ($13/hour, for those who didn't bother to read the other thread) is only payed for game-time, or if prep/research time is payed as well.

malichai

First Post
Well, I'm once again looking for a new GM-for-hire in Lawrence, KS and the questions in the first post are relevant. Any suggestions for other websites, mailing lists, etc, for finding GM's looking for groups? I have a new post in Gamers seeking Gamers on the subject.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Tell us how the last four years have gone, please. I am sure we are all curious and it keeps your thread visible for a while longer, too. :)

malichai

First Post
Tell us how the last four years have gone, please. I am sure we are all curious and it keeps your thread visible for a while longer, too. :)

The GM-for-hire thing worked great. Katerek was everything we were looking for in a GM. At one point in 2005, I think he was running 3 games a week for us. A fantastic GM who handled the whole thing as a professional. During the 2 and a half years that he worked for us, he ran 3-4 3.5 D&D games, 1 Star Wars game, a Cthulu game, a couple Shadowrun games, a Deadlands: Reloaded game, and a bunch of shorter experimental games that didn't work out. I don't believe we ever had a single argument that related to the RPGs he ran. You can read some of his early experiences with us in this thread.

He was great and I miss both his GM'ing and his friendship. Unfortunately, we don't have a relationship anymore.

We sold our company in February of 2007 and retired. We sold at a really great time, but the entire process of selling was a massive emotional strain that killed our game. We also lost some of our game group in the business sale as the new owners don't give a damn about scheduling work around gaming. ;)

We eventually got a new group together with some friends running a couple games, but they were short-lived.

So, we're now on the search for some new GMs. We have one hired already, but I'm not sure how serious he is about it, as it took him 5 months between first contact to our first game, and he's really only committing to running about 3 games a month. We'd like to play about 8-10 times a month, and also develop our own game system/setting for publishing.

Remove ads