Immune to Mind Affecting Spells and Domination

Hardhead

Explorer
Let's say Person A is Dominated and told to kill Person B.

Person B casts a spell making Person A immune to Mind Affecting spells.

Does Person A:

* continue to follow his last orders from the Domination, but may ignore new orders?

* snap out of the Domination for as long as he's immune to Mind Affecting spells?

or

* continue to be Dominated and may still recieve new commands.

Otterscrubber

First Post
It would help if you could be more specific as to what spell was providing the protection. As far as dominate goes though, you are probably thinking about either Prot vs. Evil (good?) or Mind Blank? Seems to me in either case the dominate would be suppressed and the person would act normally while the protection was in effect.

Hardhead

Explorer
Otterscrubber said:
It would help if you could be more specific as to what spell was providing the protection. As far as dominate goes though, you are probably thinking about either Prot vs. Evil (good?) or Mind Blank? Seems to me in either case the dominate would be suppressed and the person would act normally while the protection was in effect.

I'm thinking of Tower of Iron Will, from Mindscapes.

It says "you and all creatures within 10 feet of you that you designate as allies are immune to mind-affecting spells and special abilities" (or something very similar, IDHTBIFOM).

Norfleet

First Post
The target is immune to mind affecting spells/effects: Therefore, the Domination spell can't affect him, but remains active, since it does not dispel the effects. If the effect making the target immune to mind affecting wears off first, then the target remains dominated and begins to receive commands again.

Remove ads