Homebrew Worlds- What is in YOUR world?

Belen

Adventurer
Ok...post a short synopsis of your world (theme etc) in a paragraph. I think it would be cool to see some others. And if you have more than one...cool.

Elisan: A world of choice, where action and inaction, can bind your soul to another from life to life. It is a land where belief can create reality, and even the darkest fears will come to life. Elisan is about the journey, both physical and spiritual, where choices lead to immortality or oblivion. In the end, Elisan is about life, its successes and failures.

Delos: An old world, where intrigue and war are as easy and breathing. The Gods are in every part of life and their wars have spread across the world until all life is threatened. On Delos, your affiliation means everything and your life is fuel for the fire of the Gods. Delos is a world of lost innocence, a world where peace is a myth.

Psion

Adventurer
I'm wondering if there is anything I could write that wouldn't make the eyes of the jaded d20 setting audience gloss over. My campaign is fairly run of the mill fantasy, but with a lot of deep and involved history, mystery, and intrigue.

And lots of undead and drow. Gotta have those. ;)

tetsujin28

First Post
I avoided most things, other than undead, bog-monsters, and other Celtic nasties. There were no non-human PCs, and only a couple of monsters. It was fun.

Last edited:

Stormborn

Explorer
The Levithan Campaign: 2000 years after the Cataclysm the human race lives in a vast archipelago surrounded by an ocean full of giant sea serpents. The world is vast and largely unexplored, but from a far land come secretive dwarven merchants, from the sea come elves that never set foot on land, while the upstanding citizens are charismatic goblins and paragoblins. All this is set amoung warring merchant houses, a rich and powerful ecclesiarchy, pirates, mysterious cults, gunpowder weapons, sword fights, and the occasional display of rare and frightening magics. Throw the PCs in an ongoing plot involving forces they don't understand and enjoy.

Psion

Adventurer
I'd like to hear about it. Sometimes the old haunts are still the best ones.

Aw, alright. Lets see what I can come up with.

Trinalia. A world sliding into darkness. Not long ago, the realms of men lived in relative peace. But like an infection, empires of corrupt man and supernatural foes spread across the land, with battles across the face of the land as well as in the courts and alleyways of the cities of men. Always, heroes rise to the occasion and battle back the tide of darkness. Yet, for every victory, there comes another encroachment of evil to grapple with. Slowly, the war is being lost.

But there may be a glimmer of hope for man, for evil has a new foe: itself.

(Cue fast paced drum music with flashed outtakes from hypothetical Trinalia movie. ;) )

Less dramatically/more informationally: An author once stated that fantasy worlds are usually about good with evil on the rise, or evil with good on the rise. The Trinalia campaign was born as the former, but over the years, it is reaching its twilight. The great empire of Drakar, once ruled by a brooding god bent on vengeance, is now ruled by an empress who is less than sterling, but certainly better than the followers of the Dark God. Despite this, the change of the balance of power in the land has not gone unnoticed by malignant beings rushing in to fill the void, such as the vampiric sorceress who is dominating the mighty Dragonlords, the Drow who are using the surface world as a chessboard in their faction wars, and the mysterious cabal of inhuman sorcerers known only as the Dark Circle who are busy pulling strings of nations who think themselves free. And yet more threats remain in this brewing melee of darkness. The world of man has an immortal guardian and a society of powerful mortals at their aid, but can even they navigate clash that they are about to be caught amidst?

Last edited:

Remove ads