<< PLANESCAPE >> How do you defeat the Lady of Pain?

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Okay from what I've heard the Lady of Pain is supposed to be pretty much Omnipotent. No god, artifact, or entity of any kind can hurt her much less destroy her. I refuse to believe that. There has got to be a way. Please submit your ideas and hopefully some of the Planescape Sages will offer their own guidance.

EricNoah

Adventurer
How can you defeat a mountain? How can you battle a ray of moonlight? How can you destroy the sky? She is bigger than a god, bigger than a universe. Run, you fool, run -- she's right behind you!

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Oh come on... there has got to be a way. I've heard that if her shadow falls across someone she can flay them alive. What if there is no shadow, can she still flay someone?

Wrath of the Swarm

Banned
Banned
The Lady refuses to be worshipped, and will horribly punish anyone who does so. Why is this? Because being worshipped would grant her power, as it does to the Gods, and the Gods accept her presence in Sigil only because it's designated as neutral territory. If divine power is channeled to her, she loses the neutrality necessary to remain in Sigil.

Therefore, find worlds beyond her reach, and establish cults in her name.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Li Shenron said:
First of all... why would you want to do that? :)

Actually, I don't really care. I don't use Planescape in my campaigns. I'm just tired of people running around the board touting the Lady as the end all, be all being in the game with a "My Dad can beat up your Dad" mentality. There is another discussion going on about Demons & Devils forming an alliance and taking over the reality. One of the sticking points is how they would take over Sigil. There are a bunch of people coming up with reasons why they couldn't do it but not many coming up with ways they could. That is what this discussion is for, finding ways the fiends could overrun Sigil.

Arnwyn

First Post
There is no way (and no hints) in any of the PS published products.

You can make up any method you want for the Lady of Pain to be defeated... but if you're looking for some sort of "official" material backing you up - I'm going to hazard a guess and say that you'll be disappointed.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Wrath of the Swarm said:
The Lady refuses to be worshipped, and will horribly punish anyone who does so. Why is this? Because being worshipped would grant her power, as it does to the Gods, and the Gods accept her presence in Sigil only because it's designated as neutral territory. If divine power is channeled to her, she loses the neutrality necessary to remain in Sigil.

Therefore, find worlds beyond her reach, and establish cults in her name.

Good call! If the Fiends are trying to invade sigil they could torture all the petitioners to begin worshiping her as a god. She'd have to go to the Abyss or to the Nine Hells to stop them and I don't see that happening. Now we just need a rebuttal.

Remove ads