<< PLANESCAPE >> How do you defeat the Lady of Pain?

Henry

Autoexreginated
The Lady of Pain can be defeated by plying your DM with copious quantities of his or her favorite gift, food or malt beverage, complimenting them on their appearance, and suggesting to them that more is forthcoming if the nasty problem of the ":):):):):) in blades" (as one player I used to know called her) went away. :D

Or, to put it another way...

You don't tug on Superman's cape,
You don't spit into the wind,
You don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger...

Last edited:

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Li Shenron said:
I am not sure, but it looks to me that you are trying to find a hole in a setting you perhaps don't like...

Actually I like the idea of an Armageddon in the Planes and would like to run it. I just want a "By the Book" answer so that my Rules Lawyers will be satisfied if I spring it on them (don't laugh... every group has at least one or two).

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Henry said:
The Lady of Pain can be defeated by plying your DM with copious quantities of his or her favorite gift, food or malt beverage, complimenting them on their appearance, and suggesting to them that more is forthcoming if the nasty problem of the ":):):):):) in blades" (as one player I used to know called her) went away. :D

Now you are talking!!!! Still wouldn't help silence the Rules Lawyers.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Calico_Jack73 said:
Now you are talking!!!! Still wouldn't help silence the Rules Lawyers.

See above for my second answer. If any rules lawyers start asking, start quoting the old Jim Croce song, line by line, until they get the point.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Piratecat said:
I would use ninjas. I hear that they have real ultimate power.

Yeah, the purpose of a ninja is to flip out and kill people!

Facts:
1) Ninjas are Mammals
2) Ninjas fight all the time
3) The purpose of a Ninja is to flip out and kill people

Ninjas kill people all the time and don't even think twice about it.

Piratecat, I thought that Ninjas were the natural enemies of Pirates?

Zappo

Explorer
Officially, she is undefeatable, you'd better start whacking your rules lawyer with a big stick and tell him that your setting doesn't need to be 100% official. By the book, we don't even know what the Lady's defensive capabilities are, simply because not even gods can survive long enough to actually strike... but I understand your hatred of "my Dad can beat up your Dad" arguments, I loathe them all the same. Luckily, the Lady doesn't actually beat up anyone, she only acts in self-defense and defense of the city. Spectacular actions such as the one against Aoskar are within her power, but they don't actually happen, the destruction of Aoskar is the only instance I know of the Lady directly killing a god.
SamuraiY said:
summon the overgod (dont remember who that is in planescape). He's probably the only thing that could beat her. course you'd have to convince him to, and I have no clue why he would...
No overgod in Planescape (despite what certain factions claim). :D

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
Calico_Jack73 said:
I just want a "By the Book" answer so that my Rules Lawyers will be satisfied if I spring it on them (don't laugh... every group has at least one or two).
Then, sadly, you are out of luck.

simmo

First Post
Dropping a cottage on The Lady using a tornado always works for me. Another method is to get a big black marker pen and erase her name from every RPG product that you own.

I'm currently working on killing off the numbers: 103, 571 and -1003.4 and the letter D. Using a stat-less item didn't work, but I'll probably resort to using a 'spell without a description' :D

Remove ads