Morrus! House Rules got the shaft!

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Hey, when the list of forums shows up, House Rules is now second to last... Are you trying to kill off the House Rules forum? Hardly anybody is gonna scroll down that far... And you've placed forums with far less traffic almost at the top (d20 system games/publishers/etc., even bits-n-pieces, for crying out loud!).

There are waaaay too many forums!!!

Start condensing or deleting them is my two coppers.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Errr... it wasn't visible at all before. Instead of "getting the shaft" it's been promoted.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Meta wasn't even visible to me when I posted---I checked. It had vanished! It's back now...

Anyway, there is something weird with the way the forums are presented... The first time you go to the boards, you get a condensed (submenus appear only when menu is clicked) version, then the next time (once you are inside the boards), you get the "full menu options." It's inconsistent and strange. I was already inside the boards when I posted originally, and House Rules was at the bottom. Now, when I come back to the site and click the messageboards link off the home page, I get House Rules as you said, towards the top. Why do the way the forums appear change depending on where you access them from? It's been like this forever. I hope you will make them only appear one way consistently.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Kaptain K, I think you may be looking at two separate menus. When you are in a given forum (such as General RPG Discussion), look at the "directory tree" up top of the forum page. It will say something like "ENWorld MessageBoards > d20 System/RPG Discussion > General RPG Discussion". You can click on these items, and it will take you to different menus. You can always get to the topmost menu by clicking "ENWorld MessageBoards".

That sounds exactly like what you are describing.

Remove ads