Any Pyramid Subscribers?

JoeGKushner

First Post
So does anyone here subscribe to Pyramid? It's an online magazine for role players. I enjoy Pyramid for a lot of reasons and figure it's pretty inexpensive at $15.00 bones a year. Get some Dork Tower, Murphy's Rules, reviews, and lots of game stuff for different systems. Mostly GURPS mind you, but they have some great background and ideas worth looking over.

DiamondB

Explorer
Yeah I'm a subscriber, have been since they went online. I'm not a GURPS player, but I have 2 dozen or so of their sourcebooks and generally they are great for background. The same goes for the online subscription, and to be honest I really love the idea of getting new gaming content every Friday instead of once a month. Generally I'd say it is pretty good, sometimes the content is a bit weak, like this weeks April Fools stuff (not a big fan of goofy stuff in my gaming content) tho' it is much better than getting an entire Dragon magazine of the stuff and having a whole month ruined.

Anyhow, I'd recommend it as the background information is great and they are becoming less GURPS specific and moving more into generic info (I've even read a couple really good D20 articles).

I subscribe, and I quite enjoy it. Kenneth Hite's "Suppressed Transmission" column is almost worth the subscription cost in and of itself. Even this week, when it consisted solely of a parody of "Modern Major General."

It was a really good parody.

GreyOne

Explorer
I subscribe too. A lot of the stuff is pretty obscure (IMHO), but a lot is pretty interesting and useful. Plus you get access to playtest material and all the past issue (including the downloaded old print issues).

Remove ads