MIDNIGHT Adventure Writing Contest

rvaughn_ffg

First Post
MIDNIGHT ADVENTURE WRITING CONTEST!
To pave the way for the upcoming Fury of Shadow Midnight boxed set, we're taking submissions for a Midnight adventure to premiere at Origins. The guidelines are as follows:

Plot hook should involve the PCs uncovering secret and devastating plans by the forces of Izrador to march on Erethor, one of the last bastions of good remaining to the free peoples of Eredane. Just what forces the attack will consist of, when, and where, won't be revealed in the adventure . . . that's too secret for everyone to know just yet ; >. We'll add the details of what exactly the scroll says, where exactly the army is marching, who exactly the PCs see through the magic scrying portal, etc., during editing.

The adventure should run for a normal 4-hour slot at a convention. That means time at the beginning for mustering and distributing characters, and at the end for a bit of a conclusion. The best way to determine the length, of course, is to playtest it. Failing that, a good length to go for is 5,000-15,000 words, with a maximum of three combat encounters.

The adventure should be statted for character levels 3-5, and should include a party of racially-varied and class-balanced pregenerated Midnight PCs using the Core rulebook and/or Against the Shadow. The adventure should include challenges for each PC to be particularly useful in overcoming. If any of the challenges are impossible without one of the PCs, that PC should be so noted.

Before you submit an adventure, you should print out and mail this release form to the address listed on the sheet, with a note above the address saying: "Attention: Rob Vaughn." The adventure should use our submission guidelines and be typed directly into this template document. Where the web page and template document disagree, use the template document. E-mail your adventure submission to robert@fantasyflightgames.com, making sure to put Origins Midnight Adventure Submission as your subject header.

Due date is May 30th.

And, about the rewards . . .

FIRST, if your adventure is selected, you get 150 FFG bucks, redeemable for $150 worth of FFG products.
SECOND, if your adventure is selected, you will receive an automatic invitation to write a sequel to the mod, which will describe some of the events of the campaign event, the Fury of Shadow, to premiere at Gen Con Indy in August.
THIRD, after your adventure premiers at the show, it will be posted in .pdf form online for Midnight fans across the globe to download and play at home!

May the best dark lord win : ).

-Rob

Last edited:

Omote

First Post
rvaughn_ffg said:
To pave the way for the upcoming Fury of Shadow Midnight boxed set...

WoW... this is the first I have heard of FFGs Midnight Box set... that is sooo cool. I'm definatly going to have to pick up a copy of this!!! *thumbs up*

..........................Omote

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Omote said:
WoW... this is the first I have heard of FFGs Midnight Box set... that is sooo cool. I'm definatly going to have to pick up a copy of this!!! *thumbs up*

..........................Omote

There's more information in the general forum over at www.againsttheshadow.org

The boxed set sounds great: more maps, a DM's screen and a large adventure based on a major assault by the forces of Darkness on Erethor.

rvaughn_ffg

First Post
Krug said:
10,000-20,000 is a lotta words.. ;P

Right you are! I calculated that amount from our products with a good bit of "official" text and illustrations and whatnot. That number should be 5,000 to 15,000.

Thanks!

MrCharm

Community Supporter
Would someone that played this adventure at Origins be willing to give a little synopsis of how it played, or a little feedback? I wrote it, and since it will be used at GenCon, don't give too many spoilers (especially the first one), but some commentary would be appreciated. If you have anything specific, please PM me.

Thanks!

Remove ads