FR-Question about Vilhon Reach Area

My campaign is soon to be heading into the Vilhon Reach and Chondath area, which is an area I've never had any of my campaigns go. So, I'm wondering, what exactly do the people of this area look and dress like. What real-world culture would be an approximation, or is there one?

Thanks in advance for the input!!! :D

Herr Doktor

First Post
I don't know if there is any sort of real-world equivalent, but I found this when searching for one on Google.com: "A hodge-podge of eastern european/near eastern references, but none particularly strong."

According to Races of Faerûn Chondath is peopled by 92% Chondathans, 5% Turami, and 2% Shaarans. Hlondeth and the Vilhon reach is 55% Chondathans, and 44% Turami. Chondathan is the major regional language.

Chondathans are slender, tawny-skinned folk with brown hair ranging from almost blond to almost black. Most Chondathans are tall and have green or brown eyes, but all builds and hair and eye hues may be seen. Due to a significant Shaaran influx in Chondath, many of the natives are more of an olive-skinned hue. Turami are generally tall and muscular, with dark mahogany skin, flat faces, and curly hair.

I hope this helps...

Most of that info came from Races of Faerûn, which I recommend that any person running the Realms pick up.

Thanks, I downloaded it and it told me about the same thing Herr Doktor did.

I'm figuring that the Vilhon reach inhabitants resembe people from Turkey, Greece, and eastern Mediteranian countries.

Any other input would be great. The campaign may not get to the area this weekend, but most definitely will the following.

Jeremy757

First Post
I have run my FR campaign of the last 2 and a half years in the Vilhon and it is definately a Mediteranian kind of place. The 2e Vilhon source book is a great resource but you have to be careful with it because it and the 3e FRCS info about the region don't always sinc up. So as always decided what you like and what you don't and start playing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases