Denver area - Gamma World/Darwin's World campaign, looking for players

Azlan

First Post
We are starting a new Gamma World/Darwin's World campaign. We're probably going to use the d20 Modern system.

Our current gaming group is taking a break from the 3E D&D "Defenders of the Dalelands (Forgotten Realms)" campaign that we've playing for the past six months. We've been meeting to play every other Friday evening. (We may switch to Saturday or Sunday afternoons, if that works out better for the group.) My wife and I host the games at our place, in Arvada. Currently, we have five players and a GM in our group, but we're looking for a couple more players to join us. We are all within the age range of 28-38, and most of us are veteran role-playing gamers.

In this new campaign, the player characters will be members of the "Phoenix Project'. This project originally consisted of seven secret bases that were set up in various locations around the world, during the height of WWIII, just before the nuclear/biological/chemical apocalypse that befell mankind and changed the world. Inside these secret bases, small teams of specially trained scientists, engineers, soldiers, and doctors were put into hibersleep. They were supposed to be awakened 20 years after the world war, to help restore order and to aid mankind in his struggle to survive in the war-ravaged world.

But something went wrong. The base containing the player characters was badly damaged by a tactical nuclear explosion, a kilometer away; as a result, the player characters are not awakened until 40 years after the world war.

After awakening, the player characters discover that only one out of the seven bases managed to wake up its team members on time. This team went out into the world to carry out their mission, but their present status and whereabouts are unknown. (The last messages they sent back to the other bases mysteriously ended, some 10 years ago.) As for the other five bases: For certain, at least two of them were found out and destroyed, before the world war ended. The status of the remaining bases is completely unknown.

So, it looks like the player characters are completely on their own...

Our group of player characters (all "pure-strain" humans), so far, consist of the following...

Perlman (played by Phillip): soldier, pilot; weapon of choice: battle rifle.

Gibson (played by Vincent): mechanic, electrician, demolitions man, driver; weapon of choice: assault rifle.

Ko (played by Eugene): doctor, lab scientist; weapon of choice: assault rifle.

Flinkman (played by George): computer hacker, electronics technician, rogue; weapon of choice: sub-machinegun.

Hamilton (played by my wife, Cyndi): field scientist, scout, combat medic; weapon of choice: sniper rifle.

Please respond to this message if you're interested in joining us. The two player positions that are open will probably be filled quickly. You can contact me here, on this message board, or at: azlan1000@comcast.net

- Doug

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases