Crossed Paths, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzanita

First Post
Mendicus

Mendicus bows his head. "I am at your service, Master Ehldannis. Perhaps it is safe here. But honestly, I'd rather be with you. If you die down there, even if I were to remain up here, I don't think I could find my way back to Sevastopol. And I know that orc will come back. Looking for that spearpoint. I do not wish to meet him again without Master Octar at my side."

doghead

thotd
Marcus listens as Ehldannis translates the words of Grassus. Riveted. Stunned. His thoughts are scattered before the howling winds of the storm in his mind. He shakes his head trying to clear his thoughts, restore some form of coherance.

"A map. Can he draw us a map?" Marcus croaks.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis turns to Brioc, "Well, it seems that the Gods have once more put a twist into the objectives we came here to fulfill. Although this time it seems that both may run concurrently, the more slaves we liberate the more information at our disposal."

He then resumes his conversation with the Gnoll's slave. "Can you help with a map, here is what we know thus far." Ehldannis produces a sheet of parchment and sketches out a rough map of where the party has been so far, calling upon Dhormium's familiartity with caves to assist.

Manzanita

First Post
Grassus

In reply to Ehldannis' question on the origins of the magic: "I don't know anything about that."

He knows no more about the first cavern level than the party does. He knows less, in fact, since he's never been through a secret door.

He draws a crude map of level 2. Pointing to where the webs were in the corner of the tiled room: "There's a big spider in there. Stay away from that. Now, where I drew the X is a platform on the raised temple area. This little area in front of the big statue is where the teleporter is. It may work if you just stand there, or you may need a gnoll with you, or you may need to do something else. I'm not sure."

He then draws a crude map of the Palace (Grassus3). "The teleporter takes you to a platform amidst the trees. To get to the palace then you have to pass through this gate in the hedge. The "A" is where the King's throneroom is. If you go down the stairs there behind it, you get to the dungeon levels. (Grassus4) Then you have to go around like this to get to the slave pens."

Attachments

• Grassus2.JPG
    Grassus2.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Grassus3.JPG
    Grassus3.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 73
  • grassus4.JPG
    grassus4.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 81

Despaxas

First Post
"Matriculus ... scrubbing pots! I'd laugh but this is too much of an indignity. The man was a genius in his field of study, a scholar of the higest regard. This is not just an insult to him, but an insult to all of Rome. They shall suffer the wrath of Mars for this!" Tullius rants and raves around the small cooking fire. "We must liberate these slaves, our honor demands it. But at the same time we must be realistic, this will not be easy. We should send a messenger to the nearest Roman outpost so that if we fail they will know what happened and can mount a rescue operation. I just don't know how we can do that." Tullius smiles ruefully.

Walking over to the old man Tullius grasps him by the shoulders and, looking into his eyes, vows that he shall do all that is necessary to rescue his fellows.

"Ehldannis, can you ask him if the Lizardfolk are working with the minotaurs? If they are, I suggest we ambush this G'ruk first. If they're not perhaps they can help us. I think they'd be more than happy to be rid of them."

Jarval

Explorer
"We can't leave these people as slaves." Brioc agrees with Ehldannis. "But I prefer to think that the gods aid our little expedition, rather than hinder it."

"Good thinking, Tullius." Brioc comments as he takes one of the maps. "If there is any discontent or enmity between the lizardfolk and the gnolls, we may well be able to stir things up a little. And I'm sure we can agree terms whereby the slaves get their freedom in exchange for the new territory the lizardfolk might gain."

Manzanita

First Post
still morning

As Brioc finishes speaking, he sees a figure rise up out of the water at the edge of the camp. By the scaly green skin and crocodile head, it is surely a lizardman. And the familiar crocodile skin harness indicates it is probably none other than G'ruk, himself. Moments later, a second lizardman emerges from the shallows, and a large crocodile pushes itself up on the shore.

Last edited:

Despaxas

First Post
"Ah, speak of Pluto. Well Brioc, he seems to like you, so go diplomatise." Tullius grins. Tullius motions to everyone to gather around and checks his weapons, just in case.

OOC: I'm assuming I'm already in armor, otherwise I'll put that on as well.

doghead

thotd
Marcus listens in silence to the rest of what Grassus has to say. The questions of the others cover everything that he can of except one thing. But the opportunity to ask is gone with the arrival of G'ruk and his companions.

Marcus rises to his feet, scooping up the bow as he does. It's strung, but there is no arrow knocked to the string as yet. He steps over to Grassus and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Stay back with Mendicus," he says quietly, motioning in Mendicus' direction as he speaks. Marcus gently guides him in Mendicus' direction make the meaning clear.

Once Grassus is out of harms way, Marcus moves up towards Brioc. He takes up a position about 20 feet to one side, where he can protect his flank as well as threaten theirs.

Ack. To hell with politness. Marcus slips an arrow into the bow. He leaves it loose, held in just his left hand.

ooc: without seeing the actual layout, I assume that Octar, along with Tullius if I read it right, would be taking up a position up to protect Brioc. Octar puts on his armour before eating breakfast, so I assume he's wearing it now. Any alternative ideas anyone? Am I right in assuming that everyone is now fully healed?

Jarval

Explorer
Brioc moves forwards to meet the lizardmen, keeping the scimitar that had proved so effective sheathed but clearly visible.

"Good morning G'ruk." He says in Duidic, leaving a little distance between himself and the crocodile's jaws. "I hope you are well, and your tribe prospers. Before we make our way to the lake, the last few days have brought news that we should discuss first."

Brioc waits for G'ruk's reply, still uncertain that he can trust the lizardman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads