d20 Future - does it capture that Shadowrun "feel"?

GlassJaw

Hero
I'm a huge fan of the Shadowrun setting, no so much its rules. I would love to run a Shadowrun-style campaign using d20 Future. Is it possible?

The Seattle Sourcebook is of my favorite fluffy books of all time. Could I still use it?

Also, how does it compre to the style of magic and cybernetics in Shadowrun? Can you create similar characters to the Street Samurai, Riggers, and Shamans, etc?

thol

Explorer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Urban Arcana would cover the elves and dwarves and magic parts, and d20 Future would cover all the cyberware and technological stuff.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Well... SOME of the cyberstuff.

But expect a bunch of support for near-future games soon from a variety of publishers, E.N.Publishing included.

Yes, between Urban Arcana and d20 Future, you have the basis for a good Shadowrun game.

Sir Elton

First Post
HellHound said:

But expect a bunch of support for near-future games soon from a variety of publishers, E.N.Publishing included.

Yes, between Urban Arcana and d20 Future, you have the basis for a good Shadowrun game.
I thought OGC . . . oops OGL . . . Cybernet combined with Urban Arcana can create a good Shadowrun type game.

Don't forget that my company, when it finally debuts, will probably get on the Dark Near Future bandwagon. It all depends on how many other companies are going this route and whether the money will reign supreme over my feelings about Cyberpunk as a subgenre of Science Fiction.

Last edited:

dekrass

Explorer
HellHound said:

I agree, instead of this chapter, I'm using houserule cyberware.
Urban Arcana does help with the races and magic though.
By the way, could we hear what E.N. Publishing is doing in this area?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases