• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Etoh from "Record of the Lodoss War"

Tsyr

Explorer
Well, I'd offer to trade... Buy me them on DVD and I'll send you my VHS copies... But somehow I doubt you would consider that a good deal :) If I could afford to buy the DVDs, I'd send you them free, but I cant.

Syunsuke

Roll 21.
For you non-Japanese Lodoss fan, these are original stats for some characters :) Written in Japanese, but you could recognize if you are old timers :D
(They are scaned images from magazine. I don't have bigger images or magazine itself.)

It was original D&D, not AD&D.

Attachments

• 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 1,067

The Blue Elf

First Post
Syunsuke said:
For you non-Japanese Lodoss fan, these are original stats for some characters :) Written in Japanese, but you could recognize if you are old timers :D
(They are scaned images from magazine. I don't have bigger images or magazine itself.)

Does the Japanese D&D Book look like this?

Attachments

• jp-phb.jpg
    jp-phb.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

Syunsuke

Roll 21.
Does the Japanese D&D Book look like this?

Yes, and I have one.
Very few Japanese supplements were available in these days, and I wasn't able to read English. I learned English from RPGs much more than schools :)

I feel I'm old, "Record of the Lodoss War" was one of my very first experience about RPGs.

Gnome Berzerker

First Post
Syunsuke said:

A four Intelligence?... Outrageous! ;)

I'll do a breakdown of the stats, for those who don't recognize Basic D&D:

Parn Fighter 4
S 14
I 10
W 8
D 9
Co 11
Ch 11

Ghim Dwarf (Yeah, this was a class back then) 4
S: 18
I: 9
W: 10
D: 10
Co: 11
Ch: 11

Etoh Cleric 4
S: 10
I: 10
W: 13
D: 14
Co: 5
Ch: 15

Deed Elf 3
S: 13
I: 12
W: 9
D: 15
Co: 8
Ch: 11

Slayn Wizard 3
S: 8
I: 13
W: 8
D: 12
Co: 10
Ch: 13

Woodchuck Thief 4
S: 7
I: 12
W: 10
D: 16
Co: 6
Ch: 5

I'm surprised that Parn isn't a lower level than everybody else. I definitely get the impression he is when watching the movie.

In OD&D, there was no minimum stat requirement to cast spells, so no worries with the two 13's and a 12 for the spellcasters. ;)

Looking back, I wish there were a Halfling in the story. Halfling is the only class that wasn't represented in the movie, and my first character was a Halfling. :(

Last edited:

The Blue Elf

First Post
Gnome Berzerker said:
Looking back, I wish there were a Halfling in the story. Halfling is the only class that wasn't represented in the movie, and my first character was a Halfling. :(

My friends started me out as a Halfing Rogue and died, after years of losing characters I manage to get a Human Barbarian to 12th level.For some reason People like him they always want him in the game.

Gnome Berzerker

First Post
The Blue Elf said:
My friends started me out as a Halfing Rogue and died, after years of losing characters I manage to get a Human Barbarian to 12th level.For some reason People like him they always want him in the game.

RotLW is using basic D&D characters. No Barbarians, no Halfling Rogues.

Just Fighters, Halflings, and Thieves.

The Blue Elf

First Post
Gnome Berzerker said:
RotLW is using basic D&D characters. No Barbarians, no Halfling Rogues.

Just Fighters, Halflings, and Thieves.

But,they introduced them in Unearth Arcana by Gary Gygax that was just second edition.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads