Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1

G

Guest 11456

Robert glances around to make sure there is no one else around. "Look! I realize this is probably pretty weird. But trust me, I've seen them take two people away that have powers. One of them is a friend. I am not real sure what branch of the government they are with or if they are even connected to the government. I will tell you this. If I hadn't rescued you they would have knocked you out and taken you." He pauses for a moment. "Is there a safe place you can go? I can take you there in an instant if it is local."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Nighshift is just about throught the muggy guy's locker room, sneaking up on the athletes' door to the gym, when he hears shouting and a sudden *explosion* from inside, followed by screaming.

"Oh Foxtrot Charlie."

Init : 1d20+3=16

So much for the careful approach.

Before he knows it he's vaulting out of the trench (crashing through a gym door in this case) and charging the Golf Delta machine gun emplacement. You're *sure* this is what you wanted, Mitch?

His gun has blurred into is his hand somewhere in there and he's pointing it at more than half a dozen armed men in masks : "DROP YOUR WEAPONS, *NOW*!"

[Sblock="Actions"]Free=switch on Duty Revolver alternate power
Move= Position himself so his Command voice affects as many of the gunmen as possible. If he can see a likely spot through the door, teleport instead.
Standard= Command Voice, 100' cone, Will save 20

DEFENSE: 20 [10 + 3Base + 7Shield power] ---> FLATFOOTED 11
TOUGH 10 [0Base + 3con + 7Costume power]
FORT 3 [0Base + 3con]
REF 7 [4Base + 3dex] (Area effect = no dam on succ save)
WILL 10 [8Base + 2Wis][/sblock]Questions =
Do the gunmen carry anything besides their machineguns? He's remembering the police car out there, though I guess we now know what happened there, right :)?
Do they look armored in any way?
Anything of note about the one not wearing his mask?

N.B With his newfound Skill Mastery he'll take 10 on any Notice rolls needed = 22

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Bob blinks and looks at the guy funny. Then, he says "Are you sure? They can't be hurtin' folks just for gettin' powers all of a sudden......can they?" He looks around and thinks on it, then says "I guess we can go to my apartment.... But if they were gonna grab me, they might be watchin' there too..." Bob reluctantly tells the stranger his address.

Jemal

Adventurer
The terrorists look between roy and the super-terrorist for a few seconds, unsure what to do. Super-Terrorist, however, knows exactly what to do as he moves forward, walking past the cowering children to join Roy in the adjacent classroom, and holding up a hand again. Another invisible explosion catches Roy square in the chest, though he manages to shake it off now that he's not taken by surprise.

At this point, a man enters from the other side of the gym, and orders the terrorists to drop their weapons. Amazingly, most of them do so, leaving only 2 armed, who are snapped out of their shock by the man's appearance, and start raising their guns to point at him.

Roy focuses on the terrorist and his eyes begin to glow red, a thin beam of light shines through the dust in the room from his eyes to the Super-Terrorist's chest.. but nothing seems to happen.

Not even seeming to notice in his rage, the Super-Terrorist shouts and charges at Roy, slamming his hands into Roy and unleashing another blast right into the kid's abdomen.

[sblock=ooc]
Was going to wait and see if Gordon was doing anything, but I guess It'll take him a little while to get past the police barricade if he does try (Unless he decides to go straight through..), so I'll catch him up if he does anything

Terrorist attack on Roy; Save if needed (1d20+6=25, 1d20+7=14)
OK, that's a fail by ten, which would leave you staggered.. AND send you flying backwards again.. this time 1000 feet, so I'm going to use the hero point you earned from my Fiat last round to reroll the save for you.
Roy's Toughness reroll (1d20+7=26)
that'll do.

Sorry Andor, the beams don't work ATM.
Next Round:
Terrorist Charging Roy; Toughness Save (1d20+8=26, 1d20+7=12)
Ouch, you're saves aint doin so hot since that first 20.. OK, i'm gonna leave it off here and let you decide if you wanna use a hero point to reroll. (ALSO see OOC thread for more on this)

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Oh crap, he's coming!

Cassandra starts to reel the camera back in when she sees Vic coming back. She manages a weak smile for him and says, "So...I guess it didn't go too..."

That's as far as she gets. Victor opens his mouth to cut her off angrily, and then the gym wall explodes.

The next thing Cass knows she's on her back on the pavement with Vic lying on top of her. For a dizzy instant she wonders if the blast threw him...then she realizes that he must have dived into her to shield her. Even though the explosion was quite a ways away...far too much so to pose any direct risk.

And she'd lost the camera to boot. It must have dropped to the ground in the bushes outside of the gym somewhere.

She patted Victor's back and squirmed out from under him. "I think it's okay. It's clear over at the gym."

God those poor kids. What do I do now?

And, of course, she had to get the camera back.

"Victor, I'm going over there," Cassandra said, and then quickly, so as not to give him time to argue, "Distract the police!"

Then she was off and running. Not directly towards the gym, which would be too obvious, but towards the library where she could get cover in the hedge that surrounded it...then make her way to the gym building across the quad, far enough from the police line that she might escape notice.

G

Guest 11456

Bob blinks and looks at the guy funny. Then, he says "Are you sure? They can't be hurtin' folks just for gettin' powers all of a sudden......can they?" He looks around and thinks on it, then says "I guess we can go to my apartment.... But if they were gonna grab me, they might be watchin' there too..." Bob reluctantly tells the stranger his address.

Robert nods and then in a flash he has picked up the other man and they are off. It takes him several tries to find the right street. But at the speed he moves it is almost imperceptible. Once he finds the right street it is but a short time before he finds the right address and then the right apartment. Then he puts Bob down at his door and is off again for a few seconds while he checks the surrounding few blocks for signs of surveillance. Finally he returns with his findings...

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
On the other side of the gym Rawling has just enough time to catch sight of a hole in the wall, five feet wide with plaster dust bellowing out, massonry bits still falling off. There's two voices shouting from the classroom beyond, sounds of a scuffle and then *BOOM* another explosion blasts out of there, scaterring debris!

It'll have to wait though.

"I said 'DROP IT'!" Pow. The heavy caliber revolver jumps in his hand, a puff of ballistic smoke at its end.

[Sblock="Standard action"]TK Disarm on the baddy on the left : 1d20+8=27 to hit

Baddy must succeed a STR save vs 1d20+10=23 or be disarmed. <Binder Fred does a hand pump : YEEEES!> :D[/sblock]Baddy on the right has time enough to see his target streak with black before he feels the still hot muzzle of a revolver press into his kidneys. "You get me?"

[Sblock="Move"]Teleport behind baddy to the right (i.e. the other one still armed).[/sblock]_____________________________________________
Binder Fred, luck of the irish.

Last edited:

Andor

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Terrorist attack on Roy; Save if needed (1d20+6=25, 1d20+7=14)
OK, that's a fail by ten, which would leave you staggered.. AND send you flying backwards again.. this time 1000 feet, so I'm going to use the hero point you earned from my Fiat last round to reroll the save for you.
Roy's Toughness reroll (1d20+7=26)
that'll do.

Sorry Andor, the beams don't work ATM.
Next Round:
Terrorist Charging Roy; Toughness Save (1d20+8=26, 1d20+7=12)
Ouch, you're saves aint doin so hot since that first 20.. OK, i'm gonna leave it off here and let you decide if you wanna use a hero point to reroll. (ALSO see OOC thread for more on this)

[/sblock]

Roy groans. The blast had thrown him clear out of the gym building and across the yard to where he now lay in a Roy sized dent in the Library wall. A brick fell on him adding insult to injury as he tried to figure out what had happened. Ow. God that hurt. What the hell man? He rubs his hand across his mouth. Blood? So much for being invulnerable. Why do the bullets bounce off then?

[sblock=OCC]He stunned so internal monolouge is the extent of his actions this round.

I'll save the hero point. Using it to recover later is more dramatic. Besides Roy needs to learn he's mortal. In general he'll spend on defensively only if it's life or death, or of innocents will be endangered if he's put out of commision.

BTW, is there some special effect for these explosions? Fire or glowy energy or just an invisible but loud boom?[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Bob instinctively concentrates on his psychokinetic field as the stranger hauls ass across town. A crackling red field of energy surrounds Bob as he clenches his teeth. He drops the psychokinetic field upon stopping.

Bob spends several seconds just gritting his teeth and trying to hold back puke. Finally, he manages to keep his lunch down, and with a shaky hand, gets out his key and unlocks the door to his apartment. He steps in, putting the key away, and sits down on his couch. After a minute or so, he stops shaking from the shock of getting hauled around Metro at breakneck speeds.

"...Wh-what the heck?" he asks. "What's going on?"

Jemal

Adventurer
June 20th
-Metro High-
Gymnasium
The first terrorist's gun appears in Nightshifts hand and HIS gun appears in the second terrorists spine a second later. The second terrorist drops his gun and raises his hands. Meanwhile, one of the other 4 shakes his head confusedly, and looks at Nightshift, pulling a pistol from his side holster and pointing it at him. The disarmed one likewise pulls out his backup weapon, and the two of them start shouting at the others in what sounds like Nigerian. They don't shoot, presumably because their companion is in the way. All this noise seems to be bringing around the 7th, who was laying crumpled by the wall when Nightshift arrived, and is starting to stir.

Interior
Not even seeming to notice the eye-beams or Nightshift's appearance in his rage, the Super-Terrorist shouts and charges at Roy, slamming his hands into Roy and unleashing another blast right into the kid's abdomen, sending him backwards once again - this time with even more force.

Since he gained his powers, Roy has never felt something hurt so bad. Hell, it's hard to say if he's EVER hurt this badly. He barely feels the impact with the classroom wall behind him, and only briefly notices the falling books as he flies through the library, then another impact, and suddenly he finds himself rolling across the lawn and coming to a stop slammed up against a wall.

Exterior
Victor heads to the barricade to distract the police - Aided by a couple dozen suddenly frantic parents! It's all the police can do to keep the mob from stampeeding them, and Shayuri is able to sneak past, towards the library. As she goes, however, there is another explosin from inside - this one seeming closer - and a moment later something bursts through the library ahead, and hurtles past her. As she turns, she sees a boy roll across the lawn and smash into a wall, leaving a fair sized dent and trailing blood.

A few cops immediately start rushing towards the injured boy, obviously thinking the worst.

[sblock=Distances]
Cassandra is 30' from the library wall, 20' behind her is Roy against another wall, and 30 feet to her side is the police line (With a bunch of people now looking her way). About a hundred feet inside the building, through a few broken walls and much dust, Cassandra can see a black man running towards her screaming in rage.
Nightshift is currently in the midst of 6 now-unarmed terrorists in the gymnasium 40' behind Super-Terrorist.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
Roy's Toughness save vs Wall(1d20+7=13) *Forgot - 2 for 2 bruised lvls, so 11* For the extra damage from Knockback. That's one more bruised (total 3 bruised), and stuned - though you're allready staggered, so just the bruised.

FYI, the 'explosions' don't seem to have any visible effect, just the very loud boom.

Terrorist Will Saves (1d20+3=19, 1d20+3=10, 1d20+3=22, 1d20+3=18) to break free of Nightshift's control. One makes it. Nightshift is now facing 2 armed terrorists(again), one unarmed but not controlled, and the 7th is starting to get up (This is the 'angry terrorist' who pissed Roy off earlier... Super-Terrorist's brother.)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases