• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Special Delivery

4uk4ata

First Post
Erinth yelps with pain and surprise when the scorpion's claw bites into his leg. He notices the other scorpion is now behind him and steps slightly back so he is standing next to Fred. Seeing that the scorpion that attacked him is wounded, he presses on, hoping to finish it soon. Adrenaline and anger block out the pain in his leg as he lunges towards the giant vermin.

[sblock]
Free action: 5-foot step back, so as to be next to Fred
Standard action: attack Sc 2 - attack 1d20+2, damage 1d8+3 (14 and 4, respectively)[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
While the party is not able to quite finish off the second scorpion, they are able to do enough damage to make it go full defensive as it looks around for an escape route.

OOC: The party is up. Even with Morgan's damage, the scorpion would not be dead, but only severely, possibly mortally, wounded, so I'm just pushing forward.

4uk4ata

First Post
OOC: I would be away from home for a few days and might be unable to post. I apologize in advance for any disruptions that may occur.

Erinth senses that they seem to be cornering the scorpion and continues his attack. He is still careful, though - perhaps like a cornered rat, a cornered scorpion becomes all the more dangerous, and he's already suffered a wound from that creature.

[sblock]Standard action: attack. Attack roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3884458/ Attack 2+2 = 4, Damage 8+3 = 11 .Aaand another miss. Great...
Five-foot step back, away from the scorpion.[/sblock]

SuperZero

First Post
When the scorpion moves to retreat, Antal considers for a moment just letting the creature flee. But it could attack them again when they leave, and it's still very dangerous to other, less well-armed travelers.
Still, he lowers his own mace slightly.

Finish it off, he says silently to Kin. The eidolon takes a step closer to the vermin, and digs his claws deep into its shell.

[sblock=OoC]Kin:
Free Action: If possible, 5-foot step to flanking position. If not possible, just keep it within reach.
Full-round Action: Full attack against Sc1; Attack rolls of 20 for 9 damage and 16 for 8 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Antal Amakiir
Initiative:
+2
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed/Touch)
HP: 8/10
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +2 (+4 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Mace

Summon Monster 1: 7/7 remaining
Adaptable Luck: 3/3 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/2
[sblock=Image]
Antal.png
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kin]Initiative: +1
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed/11 Touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
[sblock=Image]
Kin.png
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
The second scorpion goes down with a soft thud, and you are left with silence as the effort of combat fully sinks in.

OOC: Will get something further up tomorrow, but for now, go ahead and take advantage of the rp time.

[sblock=rewards]Experience
CR 2 Cave Scorpions 600 xp total/120 xp each[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Dusting yourselves off, you move on, and very shortly find yourself facing an unexpected challenge. At the opening to the center clearing, the tunnel opens up into a 30 foot diameter and is blocked by a solid wall with windows along the top the allow light in, and a single door flanked by a couple of currently closed windows on the floor level. The door is currently being guarded by 3 individuals wearing the most hideous of masks one could possibly imagine, and the masks are amazingly realistic, as you thought they were real at first glance. They make the three guards impossible to identify as their features appear as if their entire heads had partially melted. At your approach, they stiffen up, and take a defensive stance, 1 directly in front of the door, wielding a rather nice looking sword, and 1 on either side wielding extremely well made longspears, all of them in very nice chain shirts. They say nothing as they watch you intently.

stanleyindraven

First Post
"Greetings. I am Frederick and my compatriots and I are here for a package. We mean you no harm, if we may please speak with your employer," Frederick tries to make his voice as regal as possible, which was hard because he tried so hard to be humble.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads