• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Special Delivery

4uk4ata

First Post
On the way, Erinth mutters for a bit about the freak chance of meeting these scorpions, but his demeanor soon improves and he goes back to whistling and occasionally drumming a quiet beat on the side of the small drum attached to his backpack. He makes sure to keep it quiet though, so it doesn't distract the party overmuch.

He studies the masked figures with some interest, whispering "Curious, yes, quite-quite curious. Llandawan?" . He hears the others approach the guards, and makes sure that he looks non-threatening and his hands are free of weapons. "We have been told to approach madame Caicaryn Axemage. I trust this is her home?"

[sblock]What knowledge would it be to know the tradition these masks are from?[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]The only one that would really apply is knowledge (local)[/sblock]

At first, they give no reaction, but when you mention the name Caicaryn Axemage, they do seem to take notice, almost as if waiting for more information.

Creed490

First Post
Morgan steps forward, next to Erinth, lowering her scarf and her weapon, speaking up to the guards,
"We were sent by a gnome from the Venzan Academica Magica, by the name of Roustabout. He wanted us to pick up a package, then deliver it to him."

SuperZero

First Post
Antal steps closer to the guards, although he indicates that Kin should stay back while he does so.
The ugly masks seem strange to him and he can not imagine their purpose. They make him feel a bit on-edge, but he doesn't see any real evidence that things aren't going exactly like they were meant to.
"I think we should also let you know that some pretty nasty vermin have gotten into the tunnel," he says, indicating the cut on his arm. "Although I suppose you probably already know about that."

4uk4ata

First Post
Erinth nods absent-mindedly as Morgan speaks up, agreeing with her. He still appears fascinated by the masks the three guards wear.

[sblock]Knowledge: Local check: 1d20+3 = 17 ; bardic knowledge allows untrained checks[/sblock]

thechosen2nd

First Post
"Hey, show them the map that professor gave us." Kris offers, trying to think of a way to prove that they were sent to the tunnel, and not just wandering in by chance.

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=Erinth]You've heard rumors of some local group, or rather a series of subgroups, that wear masks while going about their business, but you don't know anything specific.[/sblock]

It takes a few minutes, but as you talk about your errand, you hear some shuffling from behind one of the closed windows, and a few minutes later, the door opens up, and the guards stand aside for you to pass. After passing through a short tunnel, you find yourself in a glade that you have to convince yourself is really there. While not huge, it's much larger than anything you had pictured from the initial description from the gnome. There is a path that leads to a couple of huts on one of the edges, where you a older female dwarf working on picking some roots in an herb garden. When she turns around and looks up, you can see the inspiration for the masks right away; a large portion of her face shows heavy burn marks and scars. "You're early; usually the professors don't remember until after their classes have started to restock their cupboards. If you would like to step inside the waiting room, I'll be with you shortly," she says as she points to one of the huts. Inside is a small waiting room area from which you can see a very extensive alchemist's lab. She joins you shortly, "Now than, I suppose it would be too much to expect to have that scatterbrained gnome remembered to tell you which compound they were needing, so I'll skip over asking for a name. Did he at least give you some kind of general description?"

[sblock=rewards]Experience
CR 2 Mummer Guards 600 xp total/120 xp each[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
She thinks for a minute, "Not overly helpful, but close enough. Fortunately I was able to start preparing for them early, so I have a few things almost ready. I'll just have you take all of them in one trip; save everyone the trouble of another visit. It'll take a few hours to complete, though, and I have a small task that I was needing to do today that I will need to do instead. It's simple enough; vegepygmies have taken over part of the glade, and I need them gone. You take care of them, I can get to work on the packages, and some potions for you."

4uk4ata

First Post
Vegepygmies in her glade? Erinth thought, and tried to suppress a snicker. That's a good one... Even though she probably didn't intend it as such. "How did they get there, I wonder... What can you tell us about vegepygmies, ma'am? It would be good if we know what they're about if we are to drive them off."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads