• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Looking for Level 10 Pre Gen Characters for one shot DnD Next Play Test

Scorch

Explorer
Hello all,

I may be running a Dungeons and Dragons Next Play Test One Shot for some friends who are coming up to visit this holiday weekend.

I am putting together an adventure but one thing I may not have time for is to create some Level 10 characters I can just hand out at the beginning of the game.

Can anyone point me to a thread or web page where someone has created some generic characters that have been leveled up to 10th?

Thanks,

Scorch

Li Shenron

Legend
I don't have a link to point you to.

Also, with the risk of you disapproving, I think creating those 10lv PCs yourself as quickly as you can would itself be an important part of your playtest!

The hardest part is applying ability score increases (if you don't pick feats, which would be more time-consuming) and the most time-consuming part is picking wizard's spells.

Everything else should be pretty fast, I bet you can do a PC in 5-10min even at level 10.

So the basic gist is that some witches have set up shop on a mountain in the middle of the city of Flint. The PCs are the king and some of his allies who gather to take the witches down.

The teaser has the players all play level 1 mooks who die horribly. Then you hop forward a year, hand out character sheets, and give people time to figure out who they are before you start the adventure. The characters have a few hours to stop the witches before terrible things happen.

They'll likely try to seek aid from a druidic seer who's being harassed by people who've been tricked by the witches. Then they climb the mountain, fight a witch guardian, and make their way to the top where the leader of the coven wants to chat.

The six PCs and a very brief write-up of the adventure are attached as PDFs. The map of the final encounter location is a jpg. Freebie-CauldronHillPeak.jpg

Attachments

• BoFF-Amielle.pdf
    523.9 KB · Views: 799
  • BoFF-Harkover.pdf
    427 KB · Views: 403
  • BoFF-Lorcan.pdf
    523.8 KB · Views: 438
  • BoFF-Melissa.pdf
    501.4 KB · Views: 443
  • BoFF-Stanfield.pdf
    421.6 KB · Views: 375
  • BoFF-Tomas.pdf
    602.2 KB · Views: 389
  • Freebie-Bonds of Forced Faith.pdf
    170.7 KB · Views: 604

Not at all. All of them have custom content because I find the playtest options pretty boring. The underlying 'how to play' is NEXT, but the characters, and the NPCs, and even kinda the monsters, are all homebrewed in little ways.

Sorry if that's not useful for you.

Remove ads