• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dwimmermount IC:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Pieter calms down a little as he listens to Klyman. Careful... the temple elders always said you were too trusting. But... what else can I do? Vindar's not going to be any help, and I can't get out of these chains myself.

"I... I'm sorry. My name is Pieter. This here is Vindar." he says, pointing to the other captive. "It's been some time since we've seen a friendly face. Poor VIndar... they took his leg you know. I've been trying to help him... but he just babbles to himself now. I think his mind has gone."

He holds out his hands in front of him with a hopeful look. "I don't know about those Dwarves, but you seem like a decent man. Can you free me from these chains... friend?"

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman motions for the rest of his party to return. He will make small talk with Pieter until they get back. (Klyman sees no reason he should expose himself to Pieter's possible treachery as he is picking the lock.) When they get back, Klyman will take out his picks and do his thing. [DM rolls that check, correct?]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Yee got that covered, Gargrim?" Assuming so: "Climent, you mind guarding the entrance? I'll see if there's anything ta loot in here." Mage might has well be doing something useful with those big ears of his.

OOC: Ransack the place, please. Note that Midgrim is not at all above upgrading the group's pans/cutlery/utensils/spices/condiments/etc while he's here, as long as they're of good make. All that's pure silver as far as he'd concerned! (Although he's got little hope for the state of gourmet Kobold cuisine :)).

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Relaxing slightly as the Dwarves begin searching the cavern, Pieter feels able to briefly fill Klyman in with the details of how he and Vindar came to be here.

"We were with Typhon's Fists. I was given the job of mapper. I barely had a chance to map out the first few caverns before we were attacked by Orcs... then there were the skeletons.... we fled and were captured. I had my parchments, my inks, my best brushes and pens... all gone now."

He turns his head away and mutters under his breath, "I should have stayed with them... I should have helped somehow. Maybe Vindar and I wouldn't be here now if I had found my courage."

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"Wellll, not to worry," says Klyman as he deftly inserts his tools into the lock and tries to spring it open, "I expect we'll have you freed right away."

Imperialus

Explorer
Klyman, you're able to use a small file to cut through the rivet holding the chain in place freeing them both. In the mean time Midgrim, you find a few mushrooms in a sack and some highly questionable dried meat. You find a metal rod, likely used as a spit that Pieter might be able to use as a club, a pot, and a large kitchen knife. Last but not least, hidden in a small alcove you find a small box with a few pieces of cutlery in it. They're damaged, very tarnished, and several are missing, but you can tell by the weight and feel of them that they are made of sliver. They also appear to be engraved with a coat of arms.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Aha! Looting the looters: my favorite," he exclaims, showing the cutlery around to those that want to see it. Midgrim rubs at the coat of arms with his thumb, see if it's something he recognizes...

Assuming not, he'll sniff and then taste both the mushrooms AND the dried meat to evaluate their use as actual people food.

Speaking of: "Give him some food," he suggests regarding Pieter. "That always perks ME right up." He'll even furnish some of his own rations -- poor bastard's been through enough. Tortured too, probably.

(He almost offers the roasted spider legs, but the human doesn't look like he's in any state to try something new right now... Might not even keep the regular grub down, actually, which would be a shame.)

Remove ads