• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Murder in Baldur's Gate Community Resources

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Originally posted by Vobeskhan:

During my prep for this week and reading the Campaign booklet I noticed that the gates are closed at night and no traffic allowed through. Now as the heroes meet with Rael at dusk, how are they supposed to get back into the Lower City to ambush Thangol (Stage 1 - Tax Rebate) if they dont have access?

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by Spykes:

During my prep for this week and reading the Campaign booklet I noticed that the gates are closed at night and no traffic allowed through. Now as the heroes meet with Rael at dusk, how are they supposed to get back into the Lower City to ambush Thangol (Stage 1 - Tax Rebate) if they dont have access?

Is that true for the gates from Outer City to Lower City as well? Like Basilisk Gate... because if so, my group is in for a surprise as they are on the run with a huge chest of coins they just robbed from Nant. LOL. I thought that the other non-upper city gates could be passed though at night, but maybe not.

RealAlHazred

Is that true for the gates from Outer City to Lower City as well? Like Basilisk Gate... because if so, my group is in for a surprise as they are on the run with a huge chest of coins they just robbed from Nant. LOL. I thought that the other non-upper city gates could be passed though at night, but maybe not.

Going by page 29 of campaign guide "By the time the land routes into the city are opened at dawn,..."

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by AlHazredLiane the Wayfarer:

And now they can part with some coins in order to bribe Rilsa into revealing the Undercellars...

RealAlHazred

The players at my FLGS have been running using Theatre of the Mind for tha last coupl of weeks and are heading to a patriar crypt at the end of the last session, so I came up with a modified version of the "Planted Evidence" supplementary event which will also tie in the broken alchemist bowl from the main adventure sidebar.
Working with my fellow DM, Liam, we came up with the idea of the two parties entering the crypt from seperate entrances and then I had the idea of using the dungeon tiles from my Castle Ravenloft board game for the battle grid.
I also wanted a big brute guard creature and modified the ogre from the Bestiary to be a Zombie Ogre.
Undead Ogre - Large Giant Undead
Armor Class 11 (rotting hide)
Hit Points 32 (5d10 + 5); see Traits below
Speed 20 ft.
Senses darkvision 60 ft.
Str 18 (+4)
Dex 8 (–1)
Con 13(+1)
Int 5(–3)
Wis 7(–2)
Cha 7(–2)
Alignment neutral evil
Languages Common, Giant
TRAITS
Immunities: The zombie ogre is immune to disease and poison, and it cannot be frightened or put to sleep. It does not need to sleep, eat, or breathe.
Zombie Fortitude: When the zombie ogre takes damage that reduces it to 0 hit points, it can make a Constitution saving throw with a DC equal to 5 + the damage taken, unless the damage was dealt by a critical hit. Successful Save: The zombie instead drops to 1 hit point.
ACTIONS
Melee Attack—Slam: +5 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 13 (1d8 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
ENCOUNTER BUILDING
Level 4 XP 140
Here are copies of the DM's map and scenario notes for anyone that wants them.

RealAlHazred

Originally posted by Rood.Inverse:

Is anyone a good enough artist (or photoshopper) to whip me together a masthead for Baldur's Voice? I'm trying to layout an actual broadsheet (just the front page) for my players for tomorrow. I was thinking of trying to turn one of the pictures in the mod of The Beloved Ranger into a b/w piece of art, but the conversion didn't turn out at all well, because of my scanner.

It doesnt' have to be more fancy than this: Baltmiore Sun Masthead,1837 -- just a small little b/w image, that I can drop into the top of my layout.

Rood.Inverse how's this.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads