• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr (FULL)

Brunhilde "Brue" Stonedottir

15wi0xy.jpg

Credit: dragonsorcsandgeeks.tumblr.com

Female Earth Genasi Fighter 3 / Cleric 1 (Life)
Alignment: LG
Deity: Ilmater
Background: Acolyte
Hit Points: 39/39
AC: 17
Initiative: -1
Passive Perception: 13

ATTRIBUTES
STR 16 (+3)
DEX 08 (-1)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 12 (+1)
WIS 13 (+1)
CHA 10 (+0)
[sblock=Crunch]
PROFICIENCY
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Armor: All Armor & Shields
Weapons: Simple & Martial Weapons
Tools: Jeweler's tools (Fighter: Student of War)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Goblin, & Primordial (Terran)
Saving Throws: Strength & Constitution
Skills: Athletics, Insight, Perception, & Religion

ACOLYTE
Trait: Nothing can shake my optimism.
Ideal: Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter the personal cost.
Bond: I would die to recover the Heartwood of the Wealdath.
Flaw: I am too trusting of others. Except gnomes. All gnomes are evil.

RACE
Size: Medium
Speed: 30'
Earth Walk: You cross earth and stone based difficult terrain without expending extra movement.
Merge With Stone: Cast Pass Without Trace 1/day using CON as spellcasting ability, no material components required. Recharges after long rest.

CLASS
Great Weapon Fighting Style: When using a 2HW or versatile weapon, reroll 1s/2s on damage dice and keep the new result.
Second Wind: Use a bonus action to recover 1d10+Fighter level HP. Recharges after short or long rest.
Action Surge: Take an additional action during your turn. Recharges after short or long rest.
Martial Archetype (Battlemaster): Maneuvers (Maneuver save DC 13): distracting strike, evasive footwork, trip attack. Superiority Dice (4): d8, replenished after a short or long rest.
Student of War: Proficiency with jeweler's tools
Disciple of Life: Add an additional (2+Spell Level) hp to healing spells of 1st level or greater.

WEAPONRY
Greatsword +5, 2d6+3 dmg, S, Qualities: heavy, 2H
Maul +5, 2d6+3 dmg, B, Qualities: heavy, 2H
Heavy crossbow +1, 1d10-1 dmg, P, Qualities: Range 100/400, heavy, loading, 2H

SKILLS
Acrobatics -1
Animal Handling +1
Arcana +1
Athletics +5
Deception +1
History +1
Insight +3
Intimidation +1
Investigation +1
Medicine +1
Nature +1
Perception +3
Performance +1
Persuasion +1
Religion +3
Sleight of Hand -1
Stealth -1, disadvantage if wearing her splint
Survival +1

SPELLCASTING
Spell Attack Modifier: +3
Spell Save DC: 11
Spell Slots: (2) 1st-lvl spell slots
Cantrips Known: guidance, light, spare the dying
Spells Prepared: shield of faith, guiding bolt. Life Domain Spells: bless, cure wounds. Spells replenish after long rest and 4 minutes of prayer.

EQUIPMENT (174.5#/240 Carry Weight) Spent: 288 gp, 5 sp, 2 cp / 650 gp (500 gp + 100 gems + 50 for selling starting equip (chain mail and light xbow))
Splint, 200 gp, 60#, worn
Greatsword, 50 gp (but acquired for free as Fighter starting equipment), 6#, carried
Maul, 10 gp (but acquired for free as Fighter starting equipment), 10#, worn
Heavy crossbow, 50 gp, 18#, worn
Crossbow bolts (20), 1 gp (but acquired for free as Fighter starting equipment), 1.5#, belt
Dungeoneer's pack, 12 gp (but acquired for free as Fighter starting equipment), 61.5#, worn
Ring of poison resistance --, worn
Traveler's clothes, 2 gp, 4#, worn
Lawkeeper Badge of Office (divine focus), 5 gp, 0.5#, worn
Cloak, --, 2#, worn
Bandana --, backpack
Jeweler's tools, 25gp, 2#, backpack
Pouch, 5sp, 1#, backpack
--211 gp, 4 sp, 8 cp 4#
Soap, 2 cp, --, backpack
Case, crossbow bolt, 1 gp, 1#, belt
Healer's kit, 5gp, 3#, backpack

COIN REMAINING:
211 gp
4 sp
8 cp

----------------

Starting equipment: chain mail (sold for 1/2 price), greatsword (kept), maul (kept), light crossbow (sold for 1/2 price), 20 bolts (kept), dungeoneer's pack (kept)
Also: Brue sold the 5 cut sapphires worth 100 gp

----------------

OLD EQUIP LIST (kept for record-keeping only, to be deleted soon):
Greatsword, 6#, carried
Truncheon, 1#, backpack
Ring Mail, 40#, worn
Ring of Poison Resistance --, worn
Traveler's Clothes, 4#, worn
Lawkeeper Badge of Office (divine focus), 0.5#, worn
Cloak, 2#, worn
Backpack, 5#, worn
Bandana --, backpack
Rope, hempen, 50', 10#, backpack
Jeweler's tools, 2#, backpack
Pouch, 1#, backpack
- Five Cut Sapphires (100GP) --, pouch

WISH LIST: wand of cure wounds; greatsword that overcomes resistance to non-magical attack
[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]I will write this on Monday, after the rest of the party is selected. My hope is to forge a connection with one or two other characters.[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Nice detailed backstory, thanks for the read.
[sblock=Alicia Tien Character Sheet Comments]
Looks pretty solid.
- It's probably the character sheet builder, but you would probably be using the finesse properties for both the rapier and dagger, which would result in a +6 to attack with each of them.[/sblock]
Thanks, FF.
It was not the sheet builder, it was me. I don’t know why I forgot the proficiency bonus. Fixed now.

[sblock=Background]I will write this on Monday, after the rest of the party is selected. My hope is to forge a connection with one or two other characters.[/sblock]
It would be nice to play again with you. I would be more than happy to integrate some backstory connections between Alicia and Brue. :)

Olrox17

Hero
[MENTION=6801397]Olrox17[/MENTION] Nice background, I appreciated that you incorporated some of the specific items of history into the character.

[sblock=Corilo's Character Sheet]
Everything looks pretty good to me.
- I'm rolling with Common being the universal language. Chondathans just speak it with a different accent. Feel free to choose a different language if you'd like.
- Just curious, I know you were taking the equipment granted the fighter, but are you planning primarily on longbow or crossbow?[/sblock]

Ok, then I think I'll go with Halfling as a second language. Halflings seem to be common in Tethyr and as a commoner I might have had several dealings with them.

And Corilo is totally a crossbow guy! That's the first weapon he learned to use. He'll try to acquire both an heavy and a hand crossbow as soon as he can. Being an expert artisan and all, I see him as the kind of guy who constantly messes with his weapons, customizing them both for combat efficiency and good looks. Woodcarving prof should allow him to be good at engravings :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]: Fun character, lot of different capabilities.
[sblock=Dorn Greycape Character Sheet]
Passive Perception should be 13
Skills: Perception should be +3
Skills: Just a note, you listed Persuasion as a background skill, but it doesn't appear on either the Sailor or Urchin list. It isn't a big deal since I don't really have much of a problem with custom backgrounds. You could just as easily say you chose Stealth or Sleight of Hand and replaced them with Persuasion since you have those from other sources.
Weapon Attacks: I go with the restrictive reading of the Archery Fighting Style. You get the +2 to attack when using the weapons listed in either the Simple Ranged Weapons or Martial Ranged Weapons tables on p. 149 of the PHB, which excludes the dagger.[/sblock]

Thanks for the feedback! ! was going for a character with RP options, instead than just raw power. He'll still be able to hold his own in combat though ;-)
I've updated my character sheet to reflect your comments, and will post the corrected version in the RG if my character is approved.
Thanks again and cheers,

SG

Egon

First Post
I have a Wild Surge Sorcerer inbound for consideration. I should have him posted up today some time; I just have to tweak a few things and figure out how to do the whole formatting here!

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I have a Wild Surge Sorcerer inbound for consideration. I should have him posted up today some time; I just have to tweak a few things and figure out how to do the whole formatting here!

You're better off doing a "reply with quote" and copy and paste a good looking character sheet. You'll figure it out easily enough.
That's where I started back in the day ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Egon

First Post
Pathfinder_Scribe.jpg

Code:
[B]Name:[/B]       Boddynock Scheppen
[B]Class:[/B]      Sorcerer 4
[B]Race:[/B]       Rock Gnome
[B]Background:[/B] Guild Artisan
[B]Size:[/B]       Small (3' 5"; 41 lbs.)
[B]Gender:[/B]     Male
[B]Alignment:[/B]  Neutral Good    

[B]Str:[/B] 8 (-1)                [B]HP:[/B] 30 (1d6+3)
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 (+1)               [B]AC:[/B] 11 / 14 (Mage Armor)
[B]Con:[/B] 16 (+3) save: +5
[B]Int:[/B] 15 (+2)               [B]Speed:[/B]   25
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 (+0)               [B]Init:[/B]    +1
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 (+3) save: +5      [B]Passive Perception:[/B]    10

[B]Skills:[/B]                    [B]Abilities:[/B]
Acrobatics        +1       Ability Score Increase (Racial; +2 INT, +1 CON)
Animal Handling   +0       Darkvision 60 ft.
*Arcana           +4       Gnome Cunning (advantage on INT, WIS, CHA saves vs. magic)
Athletics         -1       Aritificer's Lore (double proficiency bonus on INT check related to magic items)
*Deception        +5       Tinker (create tiny clockwork device (AC 5, HP 1) in 1 hour for 10 gold)
History           +2
*Insight          +2       Guild Membership (Tinkerers, Pewterers, Casters)
Intimidation      +3
Investigation     +2       Sorcerous Origin (Wild Magic)
Medicine          +0       Sorcerous Origin Feature (Wild Surge)
Nature            +2       Sorcerous Origin Feature (Tide of Chaos)
Perception        +0       Font of Magic (4 sorcery points; can transform points into spell slot; can transform spell slot into points)
Performance       +3       Metamagic (Distant Spell; Heightened Spell)
*Persuasion       +5
Religion          +2       Ability Score Increase (Level 4; +1 CON, +1 CHA)
Slight of Hand    +1
Stealth           +1
Survival          +0

[B]Proficiencies:[/B]
Armor: None
Weapons: Dagger, Dart, Sling, Quarterstaff, Light Crossbow
Tools: Tinker's Tools, Smith's Tools
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Goblin

[B]Weapon                Attack  Damage     Type  Range[/B]
Light Crossbow        +3      1d8+1      P     80/320
Dagger                +3      1d4+1      P     20/60
Attack Spell (CHA)    +5      By Spell

[B]Spell Slots:[/B]  4/3
[B]Cantrips:[/B]     Acid Splash, Chill Touch, Fire Bolt, Light, Mage Hand
[B]First Level:[/B]  Chromatic Orb, Detect Magic, Mage Armor
[B]Second Level:[/B] Knock, Web

[B]Equipment:[/B]
Light Crossbow w/20 Bolts
Arcane Focus
2 Daggers
Explorer's Pack
Tinker's Tools
Letter of Introduction
Traveler's Clothes

[B]Money:[/B] 15 gp

[B]Personality Trait:[/B] I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.
                   I like to talk at length about my profession.
[B]Ideal:[/B] Aspiration.  I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.
[B]Bond:[/B] I owe my guild a great debt for forging me into the person I am today.
[B]Flaw:[/B] I'll do anything to get my hands on something rare or priceless.
[sblock=Background]Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Boddnock grew up believing that his was a life of privilege and oppulence. All the lesser people who were born without were nothing more than a burden on society, always looking to the rich for a handout. His father was a skilled pewterer, and it was always assumed that Boddynock would, at some point, grow up and join the family business. Until the accident, that is.

Because he was spoiled, Boddynock just thought that he was entitled to everything. Everything was his, if only for the specifics of someone else owning it. And he saw his father's works in the same light; it didn't matter if someone else paid for them, they were in HIS house, so they belonged to him. And so it was that he was meddling with some antiquity in his father's workshop when he caused a massive explosion that would have killed him were it not for the anti-magic shell generated in the blast.

When he came to, he was reprimanded. Hard. By both his father and the pewterer's guild. He shan't be messing with what belongs to other people, and if he covets what someone else owns then he should earn the money to purchase it for himself. The guild masters decided that the boy needed to be taught a hard lesson, and his father - wanting to keep his own good standing in the guild - agreed; Boddynock would be apprenticed to a craftsman in the guild, and he would be made to not only learn the craft, but provide restitution for not only the item he destroyed, but for all of the things in his father's workshop that were damaged.

The apprenticeship wasn't easy, and Boddynock's attitude certainly didn't help matters. It took a long time for him to realize that, in his new life, he now could no longer rely on having his father's backing to grant him luxury or expectation. He was now tasked with learning a trade, and paying for what he had done. And so slowly, over the years, he replaced expectation with waiting, anger with calm, bullishness with patience. He had transformed himself from a headstrong, irritating, impatient boy to a well-rounded, patient young man who just so happened to be a fine craftsman.

In order to be released from his apprenticeship, he needed to have paid off his debt in full. All items destroyed in the accident had to have been repaired, or coin paid for their repair by others, and the owners of those items fully informed and agreeing to release him. And it took many years. MANY years; well into his adult life he worked. But he did make restitution to all; his new craft taught him not only patience with himself, but patience in finishing a job.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads