• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Barrow of the Evensong

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Originally posted by iserith:

gvUBwiD.jpg

Red Creek Rufus
and his ornery boar companion

wild_boar_by_ivelin-d3ctpil.jpg

Belvedere

3rd-level Variant Human Ranger (Beast Master)
Medium Male Humanoid
Armour Class 16 (studded leather, shield)
Hit Points 25 (3d10+3)
Speed 30 feet
Sense normal
Str 14 (+2)   Dex 14 (+2)   Con 12 (+1)
Int 10 (+0)   Wis 16 (+3)   Cha 8 (-1)
Alignment Neutral
Languages Common, Elven

TRAITS
Background - Outlander (Fisherman)
   Feature: Wanderer
Proficiency (+2)
   Tools: Harmonica.
   Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity.
Favored Enemy: Beasts
Natural Explorer (Swamp)
Archery Fighting Style
Spellcasting
Primeval Awareness
Ranger's Companion (Boar)

SKILLS
Animal Handling +5, Athletics +4, Nature +2, Perception +5, Stealth +4, Survival +5.

WEAPON ATTACKS
Trident
+4 to hit, 1d6+2 piercing  thrown (20/60), versatile (1d8)
Net
+6 to hit, no damage, thrown (5/15)

SPELLS
Magic Ability: WIS
MAM: +5
Save DC: 13
Spells Known (3): cure wounds, hunter's mark, speak with animals.
Spells Slots: 3

EQUIPMENT
Studded leather armor, shield, trident, net (x3), explorer's pack, harmonica, fishing trophy, set of traveler's clothes, fishing tackle, belt pouch with 10 gp, glass orb filled with moving smoke.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Traits: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.
Ideal: Nature. The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization. (Neutral)
Bond: An injury to the unspoiled wildnerness of my home is an injury to me.
Flaw: I am too enamored of ale, wine, and other intoxicants.

BACKSTORY
Red Creek Rufus is a fisherman first and an adventurer second. While he'd rather be fishing all the time, Rufus knows that there are forces in the world that would see all his favorite fishing spots burn if they could find 'em. And though he's getting too old for this ****, he finds himself compelled to act when the despoilers of nature need to be stopped. One of his fishing spots is up around Old Owl Well and he's gotten the sense that not all is right in that area of late, having picking up the telltale signs of undead lingering in the area. Sometimes he brings his catch in to Fandango to trade for finished goods, but has been keeping clear of the place lately due to the Redbrands.

Red Creek Rufus' longtime companion is a cantankerous wild boar he calls Belvedere. Rufus has spent more time talking to that pig than talking to other people and he considers Belvedere a good listener and the only fan of his often shabby harmonica performances. Both Red Creek Rufus and Belvedere have a grudge against Jeremiah the Bullfrog, a local druid. Red Creek landed the biggest fish in his entire life one day - but his excitement was dashed when the fish turned into a naked man who promptly ran off with a hook in his lip. On a different occasion, Belvedere thought he found himself a mate and fell head over hooves in love, but again, it was just Jeremiah in boar form. Rufus knows that Jeremiah is up near Tumbleweed now and good riddance - he hopes the druid gets eaten by the green dragon he sensed up that way. It would serve him right.

(The statistics for Belvedere can be found in the DM Basic Rules.)

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Originally posted by iserith:
don quixote-illustration.jpg

Don Coyote
3rd-level Human Paladin (Oath of the Ancients)
Medium Male Humanoid
Armour Class 18 (chain mail, shield)
Hit Points 26 (3d10+6)
Speed 30 feet
Sense normal
Str 14 (+2)   Dex 9 (-1)   Con 15 (+2)
Int 11 (+0)   Wis 13 (+1)   Cha 16 (+3)
Alignment Neutral Good
Languages Common, Elven

TRAITS
Background - Noble (Knight)
   Feature: Retainers
Proficiency (+2)
   Tools: Playing Cards.
   Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma.
Divine Sense
Lay on Hands
Fighting Style (Protection)
Divine Smite
Oath of the Ancients
     Feature: Nature's Wrath
     Feature: Turn the Faithless

SKILLS
Athletics +4, History +2, Persuasion +5, Religion +2.

WEAPON ATTACKS
Lance
+4 to hit, 1d12+2 piercing (reach, special)
Longsword
+4 to hit, 1d8+2 slashing (versatile d10)

SPELLS
Magic Ability: CHA
MAM: +5
Save DC: 13
Spells Prepared:
bless, compelled duel, cure wounds, ensnaring strike, heroism, speak with animals.
Spells Slots: 3

EQUIPMENT
lance, longsword, chain mail, shield, holy symbol (a windmill), explorer's pack, set of fine clothes, signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, a purse containing 25 gp, and a brass orb etched with strange runes (trinket).

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Traits: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideal: Noble Obligation. It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me. (Good)
Bond: I am in love with the heir of a family that my family despises - Dulce Lorenzo.
Flaw: Sometimes I confuse mundane situations for heroic stories I've read about and act inappropriately.

BACKSTORY
Don Hidalgo Pronto, a minor noble growing into his later years, was obsessed with tales of knights and adventures, devouring book after book in his once-great library. One day after eating a purple worm pupa floating at the bottom of a bottle of tequila distilled in Fandango, Don Hildalgo wandered off into the desert known as The Stain believing he was a knight-errant on a mission to rid the world of evil and demonstrate goodness by his deeds. After many trials and visions that may have shattered his mind entirely, he took on the name of Don Coyote and drew a group of ragtag retainers to his side. Together they go on quests both real and imagined throughout the region.

Retainers:
  • Poncho Sanza, his human squire and secretly the old partner-in-crime of Chuck Dagger, who is laying low after escaping from prison.
  • Cardenio the Ragged, his half-elf valet and disinherited son of a duke. He is a better poet than a valet.
  • Cervantes, his human groom who looks after the mounts when they are available. The last mounts were eaten by giants due to an oversight by Cervantes and have not yet been replaced.

Last edited:

Remove ads