• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Some recent tweets.

[MENTION=35500]ReApEr[/MENTION]CDN Question about 5e: Would you allow a Paladin's Divine Sense to register Tieflings due to their infernal heritage?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford I wouldn't. A tiefling is a humanoid, not a fiend, and therefore escapes the notice of Divine Sense. #DnD

[MENTION=27001]evilgenius[/MENTION]Ent Does casting a spell as a ritual require concentration if the spell doesn't normally require it?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford Concentration is required when casting any spell, including a ritual version, for longer than 1 action. #DnD

I have said many times that I think making all the PC races "humanoid" is one of the better decisions in 5e.

[MENTION=6776272]AG[/MENTION]uinaldo_Lich What are the rules of sleep deprivation? Con test? And DC is? What are the penalties involved? Damn paranoid rogues! >_<
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford There's no rule for sleep deprivation. A house rule: 1 level of exhaustion per day w/ less than 5 hrs of sleep. #DnD

@jaa0109 for reckless attack, do you grant advantage to all enemies or only the target of your attack?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford If you use the barbarian's Reckless Attack, all attack rolls have advantage against you until your next turn. #DnD
[MENTION=96065]Munchkin[/MENTION]en Is there anything official on which domains drow clerics of Lolth would choose, or even Eilistraee or Vhaeraun?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide provides domain suggestions for those gods. #DnD
[MENTION=6778156]Brail[/MENTION]Says Could you use fabricate to turn water into ice?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford As DM, I'd allow it, as long as the water wasn't occupied by a creature. The spell isn't meant to harm. #DnD

[MENTION=49415]gi[/MENTION]olon Observant Feat says +5 to passive Perception and passive Investigation. What is passive Investigation?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford Passive Int. (Investigation) rarely applies. If it does, it uses the normal rules for passive checks (PH, 175). #DnD
[MENTION=72432]Karl[/MENTION]Dotenswine Does heroes' feast allow the caster to partake as well? Then up to 12 other creatures as well as him?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford The intent is that the caster and up to 12 other creatures can partake of a heroes' feast. #DnD
[MENTION=82555]the[/MENTION]CommanderDJ Can you stow a weapon as part of a move and then draw another as part of an action in the same turn?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford You get a free interaction with an object during either your move or your action (PH, 190). You choose which. #DnD
[MENTION=44089]Arthwollipot[/MENTION] 4th level spell Conjure Minor Elementals: There are no elementals in the MM of CR1/4. What's up with that?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford The MM contains several elementals of CR 1/4, including the mud mephit. #DnD

@MtS_Designer - What is the RAW or RAI of GWF rerolling Smite, Hex and Hunter's Mark?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford The Great Weapon Fighting feature is meant to benefit the damage rolls of the melee weapon you're wielding. #DnD
[MENTION=6790832]Sebkha[/MENTION] If two creatures Ready on simultaneous triggers, do they act simultaneously or in initiative order? http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questi...ltaneously-triggered-readied-actions-resolved
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford It's up to the DM. As DM, I'd have those creatures act in initiative order. #DnD
[MENTION=14042]Ed[/MENTION]Kruze If I Incapacitate (Hypnotic Pattern) a flying creature unsupported by magic/hover, does it crash to the ground?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford A flyer falls if its speed is reduced to 0 and it isn't hovering or being held aloft by magic (PH, 191). #DnD

@_Blackstorm when I cast a spell does the verbal component has to be clearly audible or can I "whisper" the spell?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford The verbal component of a spell must be audible to work. How loud is audible? That's up to the DM. #DnD

[MENTION=72432]Karl[/MENTION]Dotenswine Does heroes' feast allow the caster to partake as well? Then up to 12 other creatures as well as him?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford The intent is that the caster and up to 12 other creatures can partake of a heroes' feast. #DnD

How did I not realize until now that heroes' feast was the Last Supper? ;)

Henry

Autoexreginated
How did I not realize until now that heroes' feast was the Last Supper? ;)

As sacrilegious as it is, what I wouldn't give to have a daVinci-style last supper painting with Gary, the Blumes, Rob and Terry Kuntz, Frank Mentzer, Skip Williams, DC and Tramp, Tim Kask, and Lorraine Williams...

(...bad Henry!)

@Impius With Halloween and spooky things around the corner any chance of some 5th ed love for Ravenloft?
@chrisperkinsDnD Ravenloft is a terrific setting based on an awesome D&D adventure. We'd be fools not to revisit it at some point.
@JeremyECrawford The Halloween #DnD adventure I'm writing for Lucca Comics & Games is, appropriately, a Ravenloft tale. @LuccaCandG

@BrailSays Simu Inability to learn,how literal?Meet someone new,cant remember their name? Or a mechanical "cant level up" sense?
@JeremyECrawford The intent is that the simulacrum can't learn any new abilities. #DnD

@Clint_Cranford Can a familiar use Help to grant his wiz adv. at range? And does the AT's familiar count as an ally for his Sneak Attack?
@JeremyECrawford A familiar can't attack but can take non-attack actions, including Help. And a familiar is an allied creature. #DnD

@DragonFisters Would fighting with your sword sheathed be considered an improvised weapon, thus done with Disadvantage? #randomthoughts
@JeremyECrawford DM's call. To me, a weapon is improvised if used counter to its design (e.g., a slashing weapon not slashing). #DnD

@RChiesa07 A Sorcerer could use the metamagic or Wild Magic Surge with spells granted by feats (Ritual Magic and Magic Initiate?)#DnD
@JeremyECrawford Metamagic works w/ any spells that sorcerers cast. Wild Magic Surge can work w/ any sorcerer spell they cast. #DnD

@redwoodguardian if I ready an atk. Spell/melee, to act on there movement, I can deny them? Or they can take dmg and still move.
@JeremyECrawford An attack against a target on its turn doesn't halt its movement. Things like the Sentinel feat do that. #DnD

@LordHighMarshal A character sees an apparition, what skill do you use to tell if it is a ghost, specter or wraith?
@JeremyECrawford Up to the DM. As DM, I'd decide based on the PCs' history and the story of such creatures in my setting. #DnD

@selectstriker2 With Magic Stone can sneak attack be used with the sling even though the spell states that it is a ranged spell attack?
@JeremyECrawford As DM, I'd allow it to work, given how Sneak Attack and magic stone are worded. #DnD

@nadaval6 hi, is it intended for Bigby’s Hand to be bonus action on sub turns? because it is quite OP... will be errata?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford Bigby's hand intentionally uses a bonus action.
[MENTION=14843]MichaelH[/MENTION]all8585 Find Familiar says Familiar cannot attack. Can familiar Help in combat to grant advantage even if it cannot attack?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford Yes!
[MENTION=32892]nas[/MENTION]agi Does casting a bonus action spell still allow you to cast a normal spell then still get a reaction spell?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford Casting a bonus action spell means no other spells that turn but a cantrip with a casting time of 1 action. #DnD
[MENTION=8901]DemoN[/MENTION]NinjaLlama can break up move w/ attack. So PC move from cover, attack, move back to cover, legal? As DM is ready action best counter?
[MENTION=4036]Jeremy[/MENTION]ECrawford You can move between attacks. Counters: Ready an action, outflank the attacker, cast an area spell, etc. #DnD

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads