• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E So, 5e OGL

Nylanfs

Adventurer
No, WotC would probably have a legal obligation to inform current licensees if they release something that would have serious impact. There's no reason to have a F2F meeting with publishers.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
You know it seems like the closure of the WotC forums makes me even more appreciative of the OGL and the farsighted vision of Ryan Dancey.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Sorry everybody I'm a couple of days late, I'm going to put something in my calendar to make sure to remind me.. But maybe now that jury duty is over we'll get something?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Mearls verified recently on Twitter that a license is still coming.

How recently? Do you have a link?

[Edit - found it].

ogl.jpg

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Yes. He did. He gave every detail of it. However he said, and I quote, "Don't tell Wicht, he likes surprises."

That sounds typical.

But actually I asked just to make sure that it wasn't a tweet about licensing, rather than an actual OGL style license.

And, seeing that Morrus found the tweet, I have to say that the reading that there will be a license is an optimistic read of what was actually said. It is possible that the eventual news will be, "we've decided against any such thing."

Remove ads