• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Out of the Abyss OOC

Yavathol

Explorer
I'm double checking with you to make sure you really mean any attack. Even one that deals only 1 point of damage?

Ok, I'm with you. In a normal game, one would decide to shield before the damage is rolled. And one may not always want to shield every time. We're trying to speed up combat for Pbem...hmmm, so I appreciate the option to specify a damage level, but it would also depend on whether a concentration spell is being maintained as well, since even one point of damage would cause a concentration check.

How about if the default setting is to shield if more than 5 points of damage would occur; and if I wish to lower that (fighting ghouls or monsters with poison or concentrating) then it's on me to explicitly state each round? Thanks:)

Ha! Okie doke, [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION]. Do me a favor and edit whatever the roll would go at into Brinn's mini sheet in the IC? That way it'll be convenient for me.

And when I forget to include, elbow me in the ribs!

GlassEye

Adventurer
[MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION]Ok, I'm confused. Why are you rolling for Raza when I provided the roll you asked for? I mean, I don't object to you rolling it, but why ask me to roll if you're just going to do it?

How about if the default setting is to shield if more than 5 points of damage would occur; and if I wish to lower that (fighting ghouls or monsters with poison or concentrating) then it's on me to explicitly state each round?
That works. I'm positive there will be times when I'll inadvertently forget, and will rely on you to prompt me when I do. We'll retcon if need be.

It's in the IC (at the bottom)? [snip] (Broken out, the damage reduction is automatic, and is reduced by d10 + level + dex modifier).
Right, I found " Brinn's Short Combat" mini sheet (it's back on the previous page, included when you had Brinn informed Ront he'd regret it if he attacked another prisoner. Got it, thanks. I appreciate you breaking it out to "d10 + level + dex modifier." That helps me keep everything straight, and will hopefully prompt me to make it 1d10+7 when Brinn hits level 4. To clarify, as part of his reaction if Brinn reduces the damage from the ranged attack to zero, I think Brinn could *catch* the missile and not have to pay any ki points for merely catching it, yes? It's only if he wants to fling the caught missile as a ranged attack that it costs him 1 ki point. PHB 78.

[MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION]Ok, I'm confused. Why are you rolling for Raza when I provided the roll you asked for? I mean, I don't object to you rolling it, but why ask me to roll if you're just going to do it?
I missed your roll? I'll go back and find it. Thanks!

EDIT: Wow, that's sheer genius (she said with no small degree of snark), even for me. Not only did you post the roll for advantage right here in the OOC just a few posts upstream, but I clicked "laugh" for it, too. Man. :( Monkey brain at work on my end.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads