• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon getting some love after all?

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
So, not only is D&D Beyond officially launching right before GenCon (which means some folks will definitely be trying to use it at their DDAL games at the con), but apparently there's a "super-secret AL book" that's going to be "distributed" by Baldman Games.

https://twitter.com/Skerrit7h3green/status/887529911476510721

I'm guessing these will be part of the DM swag given out at the con, but I'm holding out some hope that participants in the DDXP sessions might end up with some copies as well. We'll see!

--
Pauper

I can't speak to what the BMG folks will be doing with their allotment, but the admins that are there will have some as well (myself, Claire and Alan are attending). The first print run of Super Secret Project 76 (not its real name) will be used by the admins as a promo item that we hand out at cons we go to (an actual book is a pretty awesome promo!). It will eventually go up on the DMsGuild as well, though not immediately. I will continue to tease more info on my twitter (@Skerrit7h3green) up until it is released on August 17th.

Pauper

Looks like GenCon is getting even more love!

Not only are Greg (skerritt), Alan, and Claire attending from the admin team, Alan is running a Baldman D&D Experience track (sadly, I didn't get his table). Also, Jeremy Crawford, who generally attends GenCon on his own dime anyway to participate in the LGBT gaming panel, will be a 'surprise DM' for AL games, so maybe you'll get lucky and play at his table!

This is shaping up to be a better GenCon for AL than I'd expected when I registered for my badge six months ago. Game on, and I'll see those of you at GenCon soon!

--
Pauper

I am running High Track A (slots 2,3,8,10). The thread required that the DMs go add themselves and help organize tables, which I was apparently to lazy or inattentive to remember to do.

Pauper

So the same track as Alan? Cool - maybe you'll see me, my wife, and our friends at your table!

--
Pauper

warfteiner

First Post
Hey - look either of us up when we're on the floor. We're probably gonna be running around like we're on fire (hopefully we're not), but we always have time to say hi :)

Remove ads