• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Homebrew Creations

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
One point on the Crusader in the PHB 1/3 Casters, EK and AT, round down, but prepare a minimum of 1 spell.

Thanks for pointing that out. I always get mixed up on which things get rounded up or down in D&D. I've corrected it to 1/3 level (rounded down) + wisdom modifier with a minimum of 1 spell.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Elemental Fighter - The Inferno

Just an idea I've had kicking around for a while now, a series of elemental themed subclasses. Originally, I was tempted to create fighter subclasses for the elements of air, earth, fire, water, and storm but now after looking at earlier editions and other systems for ideas, I'm thinking of splitting them up between different classes so I may create a rogue subclass based on air and a monk subclass based on water. Normally I would give out cantrips that suit the theme as well, I decided not to in this case and instead sped up the gain of spells to be at the same rate as a half-caster. I did play around with giving them the selected spells and then warlock casting with 2 slots/short rest but ultimately decided to go with innate casting on a long rest.

THE INFERNO
A fighter subclass that draws upon the elemental energy of fire to enhance his attacks

Firesoul Aura. At 3rd level, you are surrounded by a haze of heat due to your new connection to the element of fire. You gain resistance to fire and when you use your action surge, you deal fire damage equal to your fighter level to each creature within 5 feet of you.

Innate Spellcasting. At 3rd level, you are able to cast a limited selection of spells. Your spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 8 + proficiency bonus + Charisma modifier). You learn to innately cast the following spells at the listed levels, requiring no material components.

Fighter Level
Uses/long rest of each spell
Spells
3rd
2/dayburning hands, hellish rebuke as 2nd level spells
5th2/daypyrotechnics, scorching ray
9th1/dayfireball
13th
1/daywall of fire
Fiery Weapon. At 7th level, any melee weapon you wield bursts into flame. When you make a melee weapon attack, you deal an additional 1d6 fire damage. If your weapon leaves your hand the flames flicker out. The weapon is not harmed by these flames.

Improved Firesoul Aura. At 10th level, after you use your Action Surge, you are surrounded by a blaze of fire. Any creature that moves within 5 feet of you for the first time on a turn or ends its turn there takes 1d10 fire damage. This effect lasts for 1 minute.

Control the Flames. At 15th level, any allies within 30 feet of you have fire resistance. If you are subjected to a fire attack you can use it to revitalise yourself and spend a single hit die to heal yourself.

Immunity to Flame. At 18th level, you become Invulnerable to fire.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Race as Class: The Elf

Just as something fun to do, I created a 10 level class for elves (kind of an homage to the old BECMI elf) which takes many ideas from earlier editions as well as slightly building on the racial stats of each subrace. It's not necessarily well balanced between subraces I've mainly just smashed out some ideas, but I think it would be a fun class to play as a one shot.

I've actually been playing around a bit in trying to create an elf class, from making a full 20 level half-caster to creating an enchanting sorcerer subclass that draws upon their fey heritage, nothing really quite felt right and then I found an old document that had notes on my Genasi elemental tempest class as well as a few sentences on other ideas for creating racial paragon classes for other races. That eventually led to the current 10 level elf class which had started out as 5 levels, then moved to 6, then I just caved and made it 10.

Notes on the class.
It is a full caster with a subclass ability that ties into race.
Each race emphasises a specific type of combat. Dark elves are more melee, high elves mix magic & swordplay, and wood elves are deadly with a bow.
Spells are based on the subclass: High elves learn druid spells and limited wizard spells, wood elves learn druid and ranger spells, and dark elves learn cleric and warlock spells.

Attachments

• The Elf class.pdf
    63.1 KB · Views: 90

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Escobar's Magnificent Conjurations

From the "Conjurer's don't have enough conjurations" thread (I can't remember the actual name) comes 4 new conjuration spells, two of which have been seen in the aforementioned misnamed thread. These spells don't have a class listed, that is left up to individual DMs, although all of them should at least be available to the Wizard class.

Spell List
Conjure Elemental Minion - Summon up a mephit minion for an hour, cast it with a higher level slot and remove the need to concentrate.
Summon Swarm - Pretty much what it says on the tin, summon up 1 or more swarms to hinder your foes.
Summon Shadow Mastiff - Call forth a shadowy mastiff from the Shadowfell, at higher levels call in a pack.
Bind Paramour - Summon forth a succubus to serve you... hopefully.

Attachments

• magnificent conjurations.pdf
    237.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Remove ads