• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Everything's fine. We just had a small surprise in the dark." Zanword calls back as he holds the girl close. Discreet gold-green light shines between them as Beoris grace descends upon the druidess and her wounds close somewhat.

OOC: Remove 5pts of damage (or poison if that is what con save was all about). I could heal her fully, but we're about to spend some quality time resting :)

hero4hire

Explorer
Templeton eyed Emmyr feeding the rats and smiled. "Good on ya mate. Fatten 'em up real plump and juicy. But fair warning...once they get a taste for man-flesh, they never go back."

He took a last meaty bite off of his charred frog leg and then began to set up some rat traps of his own making while whistling a merry tune. "This place is ripe with all sortsa tasty morsels. Frog, rat, snake! If'n we're lucky we might find a kobold or two fer some stew!" The group wasn't sure if Templeton was joking or not. Even odds with his unconventional eating habits and even more unusual humour.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Now that Templeton has a moment to think about the action of the rats he finds their actions kind of queer. They came running towards the sound of the fighting instead of trying to run away from it, as if something scarier must have set them off in the groups direction.

OOC: Nature +6 that is pretty good. Nature check 9+6=15

Zanword came back to the room with a limping Aridha and sat her down next to Bekah. The bite was a bad one but the Blessings of Beory had help to take out a bit of the sting. Rana was questioning the prisoner, and getting little of use. "This one is telling the truth, he knows nothing more than his captain got orders from this Lareth, who lives below, and that he feared him more than death itself."

Emmyr was counting coins while the others rested and found a slip of paper he thought might be of interest to the group.

[sblock=Note]
Darlbitt has failed us!
He and his dogs brought back nothing!
His only excuse was "they" were there
And that "they" killed Gnaragg, BAH!
I sent an agent into town to find out
who "they" are, he will instruct our agents
there to keep a look out for "them".
You need to defend the surface, if "they"
find us down here I will be very vexed.

-L
[/sblock]

OOC:
Loot:
besides weapons/armor
Camping supplies enough for ten people for four days
2x explorer's packs - minus rations
3d6 sp each = [roll0]
3d4 ep = [roll1]
1d7+1 gp = [roll2]
5d4 pp = [roll3]
1d2 citrines = [roll4] worth 50gp each
gold chain worth 200gp

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha rubs her leg sullenly...getting surprised by a snake like that, what was she, ten?...and looks at Rana.

"So what do we do with him then?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Templeton clucked his tongue and got ready to brave on. He wasn't sure what the group planned to do with their prisoner and he mostly did not care. He eyed the brazen behavior of the rats. "Speakin of the ratty rats. Look at em. Desperate...half starved...but runnin from something more scary than us!"

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Neurotic

OOC: paladin wouldn't suggest using the bandit as the guide and trap detector... but Emmyr or Templeton might not be so good ;)

"As we just showed, going in small groups may not be great idea. Lets agree to stick together, spread out and watchful, but always close enough to help. We fight together, we rest together. Hmmm?" Zanword checks Aridha once more, more to be close than for any need and starts properly dressing the wound.
"By the time you get married, there will be no trace of this."

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Moathouse
26 Goodmonth
3:36 PM
Round 0

“Oi!” Emmyr said, holding up the note. “Found sumthin’.” He handed the note to Rana. “Seems they moight know aboot us.”

The dwarf got up and went to the prisoner. “Ye ever been below?” he demanded. “Think ye cuild show us the way aroon’? Figure ye moight know the places no’ t’ step, sae we moight follow ye. Earn yerself a wee bit o’ redemption.” Emmyr spat to the side.

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Action Surge:
Conditions: Aid (8h; +5 max hp)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 28/28 (33/33) HD: 3/3d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+3 hp
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
11 pp (Emmyr)
35 gp (Emmyr)
6 ep (Emmyr)
163 sp (Emmyr)
81 cp (Emmyr)
Blue quartz, 10 gp (Emmyr)
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)(Templeton?)
Blue spinnel gemstone, 400 gp (Emmyr)
2 citrines, 50 gp each (Emmyr)
Gold chain, 200 gp (Emmyr)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Aridha rubs her leg sullenly...getting surprised by a snake like that, what was she, ten?...and looks at Rana.

"So what do we do with him then?"

The witch cracks an evil grin and the bandit cringes at the sight. “Oi!” Emmyr said, holding up the note. “Found sumthin’.” He handed the note to Rana. The grin turned to a deep, deep frown. "So this L, Lareth I assume, knows of us." she says near a curse. "As I said before, it seems the enemy may be following a prophecy of their own."

Emmry starts to ask questions of the bandit and the man turns pale and starts shaking his head. "I've never been below. I don't want to go below, please. Anything. I'll do anything, but don't make me go below and face Lareth."

"Enough!" Rana snaps. "He will be of no use to us Master Anvilforge. He is not part of My Lady's plans. We'll leave his fate to My Lady. Give him a pack and some food and let him go. The swamp will judge him." Rana turns her attention back to the note when Templeton speaks up.

"Speakin of the ratty rats. Look at em. Desperate...half starved...but runnin from something more scary than us!"

"Then we should go see what this 'scary something' is. No need to have another serpent or worse come up behind us." She turns to the rogue and again dons an evil grin. "After you Master 'Crowbar'."

OOC: Southern Rooms have been explored and are empty (now that the snake is dead).
Labeled on the map. Rana saw into a couple rooms, they were empty except for the one on the end.

If Templeton will sneak ahead, I'm thinking 10-15' who is going to be close by? Or better yet
who would be the rear guard, then we can say everyone else is in between.

[sblock=Map]
moathouse_reveal_6.jpg[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Moathouse
26 Goodmonth
3:37 PM
Round 0

Emmyr grumbled, but nodded to Rana. He grabbed up one of the bandit’s packs, stuffed in some supplies, and shoved it at the last remaining bandit.

“Oot!” Emmyr ordered, pointing to the quickest way out of the moat house and into the swamp. “I ‘ope one o’ those toads gets ye.”

OOC: Hexiros in front and Emmyr in back?

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Action Surge:
Conditions: Aid (8h; +5 max hp)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 28/28 (33/33) HD: 3/3d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+3 hp
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
11 pp (Emmyr)
35 gp (Emmyr)
6 ep (Emmyr)
163 sp (Emmyr)
81 cp (Emmyr)
Blue quartz, 10 gp (Emmyr)
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)(Templeton?)
Blue spinnel gemstone, 400 gp (Emmyr)
2 citrines, 50 gp each (Emmyr)
Gold chain, 200 gp (Emmyr)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"No, stop! One more question, bandit, then you can be on your way." Zanword interrupts.
"Who is the contact in the town? And before you think to warn him, if he's not there when we return, we'll come looking for you to ask where he went."

OOC: Zanword will go all stealthy behind Templeton as backup. Traps are Templetons thing, but protection and fighting is his.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads