• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E EB's Storm King's Thunder - IC

OOC: Doesn't Darian get a surprise round?

Darian flashes his rapiers attacking the goblin.

OOC: Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage 1 [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2]
Damage 2 [roll3]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Wilhelm moves inside and watches the goblins as they are being cut down by his companions.

Barely above a whisper, the warlock mutters to himself, ”Oh, those are goblins!”

Then Wilhelm starts looking about, confident in his allies’ ability to handle this and knowing the reputation of goblins. Where there’s two goblins, there’s probably more.

With Halruhk running past him Searinox takes a moment to look around. "That Worg called out to something. I Hope whatever it was didn't hear it."
OOC: Perception to see if anything is reacting to the Howling
[roll0]
I see nothing...

He then hurries to catch up to the rest inside the Church as the ringing is stopping.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
OOC: Doesn't Darian get a surprise round?

Sorry that was suppose to mean both of you. But rereading it, I see the confusion. Next time I will list everyone that gets a surprise round, or who is surprised. Seems your a weapons master and didn't need advantage or the extra crit dice.[/sblock]

Before the goblin can defend itself it is ran through by the graceful lunge of Darian. The nobles skills far outreaching those of this poor creatures.

The bell stops ringing, with only a small humming as the metal slowly vibrates down, and then all is quiet. It seems all to quiet after the endless tolling church bell, but the group hears no other sounds.

The room you are in is small, possible once the abode of the tending acolyte, and is quite sparse. A bed and nightstand, along with a small writing desk is all the furniture in the room. While there are no other doors in the room, there is a narrow set of wooden stairs that lead up the steeple to where the bell hangs.

Two notched and rusty scimitars lay on the floor near the bed, along with a dirty goblin sack. (a burlap sack poorly sewn together and patched with odd cloth)

OOC: Just going to list treasure here for easier tracking.
- 3 blocks of incense (5gp each)
- a silver holy symbol of Mielikki shaped like a unicorn's head (worth 25 gp)
- 3 empty vials
- an unlocked wooden "poor box" containing 37 cp and 15 sp

And now you have what you need for cast Find Familiar Searinox. haha

OOC: Combat Over. A quick search of the church reveals nothing else of interest.
Religion check if anyone wants to know who the church is dedicated to.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"So, uh... Where are the people?" asked Squire Halruhk. "I'm thinkin' we should check the Inn next, it being right next door. I looked in th'back, but didn't see anything."

"It's as good a place to start as any other." Darian says. "And there's nothing north of the church or the inn so we could sweep the town north to south, I guess."

As the Group finds the blocks of insence Searinox 's eyes widen. "Ah Yes, euh," he reaches over to grab two of the blocks "Mind if i take these?"
He then hurries to a suitable space inside the Church and starts drawing out the magical circle needed to bring back his Raven. Whilest he's doing that he turns towards the Group "Go on ahead, I'll follow in a few minutes."

OOC: casting Find Familiar again as a Ritual ;)
Will take him about ~10min

tglassy

Adventurer
Buddy peaks into the room, fascinates at the spell needed to summon a Familiar. He feels his tiny bear shift in his backpack.

“It’s all right, Little Buddy. I’m just curious.”

Remove ads