"Necessary Evil" OOC

Thanee

First Post
Also, I reduced my Quick Change feat rank to 1 and bought the Attractive feat at rank 1, since Gemini should be able to morph into the forms of beautiful people and gain those benefits.

That would give you Attractive all the time, though. Can you apply Flaws to Feats in M&M? You could make it Limited (and Rank 2, then ;)), so it only applies when you have actually assumed/mimicked a form, which is attractive.

[MENTION=9026]Jemal[/MENTION]: WD might not like the Dodge 12 (i.e. having all your Defense from Dodge plus making it hard to impossible to lose your Dodge bonus, thereby kinda negating the downside of the Feat). It was an issue with another character here, too.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
I took a look at my skills after seeing we had 2-3 people taking Diplomacy after there was only me in the other group. So I dropped my ranks to distribute them in Escape Artist and picked up Survival. No one took that.

When I wrote my character sheet, I thought there was noone with a focus on social skills at all. While they are clearly not the focus for my character, either, I find it quite fitting for her (originally, I had many of the social feats as well, but had to drop those later, because the PP total was too high, and most of them are there to give a non-combatant some uses in combat, which really isn't necessary for this rather combat-focused character ;)).

Also, do we need some Knowledge skills in the group? I thought about some, but Octavia has no Int bonus so I was hoping some one else could pick up a few to make the ranks worthwhile.

While my character has a decent INT bonus, most useful Knowledges would not fit at all, I'm afraid. :lol:

Bye
Thanee

Jemal

Adventurer
Thematically she is completely unskilled in physical combat(No base defense, or ANY melle/ranged attack skills), relying completely on her mental skills and the fact that she is very agile/nimble (hence the high dodge/dexterity/athletics/etc).
I can change the Uncanny dodge to be based on her sonar, which would make more sense (She reacts to the 'pings' she hears rather than the minds she senses). It would be messed up by anything that could negate/mess with her sonar ability or sense of hearing. It also makes more sense b/c her 'mental' uncanny dodge would only work while she was using telepathy, which makes it fairly unsuited for combat anyways.

If the problem is with the pointsaving, keep in mind what I spent most of those extra points on, and what I would drop if I had to pay more for it - Thematic stuff such as Animal empathy, Comprehend Animals, Singing, and her increased Charisma/dexterity as opposed to more cost-efficient ways of getting the bonuses those stats provide. The Uncanny dodge is there b/c she's a bit twiggy of Constitution and I'd rather not see her snap in half every time she's flat-footed (Which would be likely to happen a lot w/o Uncanny Dodge, and even a few times with it)

Arkhandus

First Post
That would give you Attractive all the time, though. Can you apply Flaws to Feats in M&M? You could make it Limited (and Rank 2, then ;)), so it only applies when you have actually assumed/mimicked a form, which is attractive.

Bye
Thanee
Since Gemini is never seen in his true form, it doesn't really matter. Unless someone Nullifies his Morph power for a bit. Even then.........who knows if Gemini is actually attractive or not in his true form? Sure, not every form he assumes is attractive; plenty of them are just the forms of average joes he passes on the street.

But it's not worth the bother of trying to make some kind of flaw for the feat or whatnot; besides, then I'd have to cut down his Bluff/Diplomacy ranks even further to accomodate Attractive 2 and make him only barely competent at persuading or tricking anyone most of the time.

As it stands now, he's decent in social situations and manipulation, but not great at it. His Charisma is only slightly above average and aside from the Attractive feat he only has around half the maximum ranks in social skills.

He has no Knowledge ranks, but he does have an Eidetic Memory and he is a Jack-Of-All-Trades, so.......he can potentially know anything about anything with a DC 22 or lower, with a good roll. 26 if it's something the EM feat would apply its bonus to.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
If the problem is with the pointsaving...

Well, I have absolutely no problem with it. :)

Just mentioned it, because it came up earlier in this thread, but in that case, it was for a more physical combat-capable character, so there is certainly some difference here.

Bye
Thanee

Jemal

Adventurer
Thanee - No problems, and don't think I took offense or anything, I figured when it was pointed out that I should give a full explanation.

Arkhandas - Doesn't your shape-changing allready allow you to alter points for physical stats? (To account for turning into strong or nimble people)? If so you could just apply one of those points to attractive when you turn into someone attractive.

Or is it just a disguise feature and has no actual 'physical' or PP changes?

Arkhandus

First Post
Thanee - No problems, and don't think I took offense or anything, I figured when it was pointed out that I should give a full explanation.

Arkhandas - Doesn't your shape-changing allready allow you to alter points for physical stats? (To account for turning into strong or nimble people)? If so you could just apply one of those points to attractive when you turn into someone attractive.

Or is it just a disguise feature and has no actual 'physical' or PP changes?
No, the standard Morph power is purely cosmetic; it can't even change your mass, so Gemini can only assume humanoid forms with the same weight as himself. An odd quirk of the power. I suppose a bit of Density or Shapechange or Growth or Shrinking would help simulate morphing into people of different heights and weights, but Gemini's not that advanced as a shapeshifter, at least not yet. I didn't take the Metamorph power feat (which would allow more-significant changes, creating a specific alternate form for each such power feat IIRC).

Walking Dad

First Post
Jemal,

a) the usefulness of the connected feat depends on the group you are connected to:
- atlantean refugees
- supervillain teams

b) Keep Uncanny Dodge (mental). It's fine.

c) Comprehend (sealife) should be not part of your atlantean heritage container. This is not a usual ability among atlanteans.

Oh, and will have another feature/complication with a cost of 0pp:

Sense and be sensed (mentally) by other atlanteans, hybrids and V'sori in your vicinity as long as your telepathy works.

(This could be a small spoiler for the V'sori / Atlantean connection. It is a trait they all share, not something specific of your character)
But remember, the V'sori attacked the atlantean cities).

Jemal

Adventurer
A: Connectd(Atlantean Refuges) would be the one that'd make most sense to the character concept.

C: Is Comprehend: Sea life still OK, if i take it as part of her enhanced atlantean/psychic powers instead of heritage?

I'll add the 'Telepathic sea-people awareness' feature/complication.

Is everything else fine?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases