• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Touch attacks with more limbs

Janos Audron

Explorer
Mage with Battle Touch (BOEM III, makes a touch spell last all round, i.e. you can make more than one attack with a touch spel) and let's assume he has all other neccassary feats too, has cast Shapechange, then any touch spell, then changed into a Roper (the 6 'armed' creature with 50 ft. reach). What happens to the touch spell:

1) On 1 'arm'
2) On 6 'arms'
3 Other

The important question is how many attacks do you get, and how many of them are affected by the touch spell.

Last edited:

Janos Audron

Explorer
Battle Touch [General]
Your touch attack spells last longer, giving them more use in combat.

Prerequisites: Dexterity 15+

Benefit: When you cast a touch spell (not ranged touch), it remains in effect for a full round after you discharge it, allowing you to try to touch more than one target in a round if you have multiple attacks. If you cast a touch attack spell and have multiple attacks due to high level, you can attempt all your touch attacks as though using a full attack action. For example, if a 12th-level sorcerer under the effects of haste casts chill touch, she can make two touch attacks because she gets two attacks per round, and another because she is hasted. Since it was developed by a battle-focused mage, this feat works only with attack spells such as shocking grasp or cause fear,
not beneficial spells like cure light wounds (unless cure light wounds is used to attack and damage undead).

Personally, I don't think the feat really gives such a clear answer...

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Well, it says attacks due to high level. So, from that I'd say that multiple attacks due to many limbs would not apply here.

Destil

Explorer
I'd agree, a strict wording interpertration says extra attacks via BAB only.

Anyone else reading into this feat that you can only affect any one target once (i.e. you can't shocking grasp someone two times, you need to use it against two seperate targets)?

P.S. Why not ask on Monte Cook's boards? Seams like the best way to get the real intention of the feat...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads