Catastrophe!

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina signed the papers without thought or hesitation. Her life's mission, her divine quest, was simply "to experience" and to stay true to that mission she would open herself up to experiences both good and ill. Besides, if things really went sideways, she would likely just reincarnate at a later time.

"Looks like another grand adventure opens up on the high seas."

Dina comes aboard and moves below decks.

"It is good to see you all again. And you..."

Dina stops, not sure how to address the newcomer.

Once settled in, Dina takes out a dusty tome and a pen and begins to write on the top of a blank page.

Code:
The continued adventures of the Kolloseum Krew (plus one)

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Corragan heads over to Cadalis and looks over the document. Still not entirely trusting of Cadalis, he looks over it carefully, to make sure nothing seems too concerning before signing his name on the bottom.

Turning to the ship, Corragan's glower turns into a bright smile as he sees his friends already on the ship. "Hello again!" he says cheerfully, and seeing The Cursed One, "Good to meet you, friend. I hope we'll have a good journey together." Turning to the group as a whole he says, "I've got some apples from the inn, if anyone wants one?"

OOC: Just advance warning, which I guess is not unexpected, over Christmas I'm going to be with my family quite a lot. I'll have access to the internet while I'm at home but may or may not get a chance to post 24th December to 26th December (depending on whether I decide to have a lie in, or remember that I've not written Christmas cards yet etc).

Corragan has 1117gp worth of gear, including Claw Gloves as his magic item. I'll sort out a wish list of items soon, off the top of my head: Alfsair Spear +1, Magic Hide Armour (maybe Pouncing Beast Armour), a neck item (Badge of the Beserker perhaps).
The Cursed One winces at Corragan's friendly and seemingly benign comment.
He responds sincerely though his words are weighted with a deep scepticism: "So do we ... so do we..."

WEContact

First Post
Rilissa trails slightly behind the rest of the crew, having had to rush and get her gear from upstairs at the tavern. She gets to the group at a slight jog, carrying an adventurers kit, her armor, her sword and her cloak. Slowing to a walk, she finds the gentleman with the waivers, and signs her name without a thought.

"This should be entertaining." she thinks. Climbing aboard, she heads to the quarters, and stows her gear as appropriate.

"Oy! Ignatz! Mind giving me a hand putting this on?" she says to the barbarian, holding up her leather armor and shaking it a bit.

OOC: Regarding treasure: +1 Longsword of Defense, +1 Cloak of Resistance, 148gp.
Wishlist is unmade. My desires are defensive armor of some kind, and anything that lets me teleport or improves my damage.
OOC: Items that might fulfill Rilissa's criteria: +1 Armor of Aegis Expansion, Fey Step potions, Iron Armbands of Power

Ignatz leaps from his hammock so suddenly that one might believe he was feigning sleep, were it not for the dark spot of drool on his pack. In an instant he's next to Rilissa, doing his best to look suave- leaning against the bulkhead with one eyebrow raised and a toothy grin. "Ov cozz, sveethot, Poppa Ignatz luffs to help!"

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Sha'kar received a Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (level 3, 680gp) and 217gp (used partly to purchase an alchemy case and tethercord formula) from the Kolloseaum, plus the 100gp for mundane starting gear.

for wishlist:
Warmage's Uniform Leather Armor +1 (level 3)
Bracers of Respite (level 2)
Amulet of Protection +2 (level 6)

Faraque

First Post
Ignatz leaps from his hammock so suddenly that one might believe he was feigning sleep, were it not for the dark spot of drool on his pack. In an instant he's next to Rilissa, doing his best to look suave- leaning against the bulkhead with one eyebrow raised and a toothy grin. "Ov cozz, sveethot, Poppa Ignatz luffs to help!"

Rilissa chuckles as the smooth operator helps her buckle on and strap in to her armor. "Much appreciated love."

Once the group has gathered onto the ship, Cadalis struts his way up the gangplank. After a few other crew members follow suit and then head below decks, the pretentious poppycock turned toward the shoreline and looked out into the crowd of people who had shown up to watch the ship head out to sea.

An hour later, the seafaring ship was cruising its way through the open waters toward its destination. Now that he was sure that the ship was out of detailed sight of Daunton, Cadalis called an all-hands-meeting.

"Adventurer's That means you too!"

Although Cadalis was above decks, the sound, strangely, came from the center of the ship, seeming out of mid-air.

[sblock=Arcana DC 15]
Anyone who's anyone in the magic world knows the familiar workings of the Magic Mouth ritual, which is exactly what was used to speak to the adventurers![/sblock]

When the adventurer's come above decks (or for those that never went below), they see an assorted, if small, crew of five (not including Cadalis) standing on deck waiting for orders.

"Now, we have quite a journey ahead of us. The Crest Hopper isn't the fastest of ships, but it's all that dearly beloved father would consign to us...isn't that right crew?"

"Right!" shout the five crewmen.

"And you lot," says Cadalis to the adventurers, "you have a lot of work to do once we reach the island. It's such a shame that a ship such as this would be the only available vessel for my crew and travelers, because I do so enjoy entertaining guests."

The crew was silent for a few seconds, each of them looking to each other and around at the ship with a curious stare.

"Uhhh...Captain...you didn't really do it...did ya?" one of the crewmates asked him with the twinge of a smirk playing on his lips.

For the first time since you've met him, Cadalis displays a genuine smile. Cadalis pulls off his hat, jacket, pulls his hair out of it's neatly groomed ponytail, letting it fly in the wind. From out of the back of his pants pocket he retrieves a wand. Twirling it around in a predetermined pattern and speaking a few words under his breath (all the while still smiling) the air around Cadalis suddenly becomes less charged.

Then it spreads along the whole ship. You hadn't really realized it until afterward that the whole ship had been buzzing slightly with magical energies. But with the release of his spell, it is now obvious...the ship was not as it had seemed!

With the spell's dweomer ended the facade of a slightly used shipping vessel disintegrated, leaving behind a much more classy (and expensive) navigational ship. Looking around, the group would see that the ship was actually three times larger than it had originally appeared. It's floors are lined with a sealed white wood and all the hardware is silver and gleaming.

"I did! 'Daddy' is sure going to have fun when he realizes that I switched ships on him!"

Cadalis laughs, looking at what was most likely a group of confused expressions from the adventurers.

"Sorry about being a jerk earlier. My father is all business and has it in his head that business transactions have to occur a certain way. Now that his ears and eyes aren't around, let's have some fun! We have about a three day travel to get to the island, so what do you want to do? We have a fully stocked bar below decks, plenty of fishing poles and bait, and since I knew that at least a few of you would be the combative type, I made sure that one of the rooms below decks housed a complete armory and training facility! The weapons there are nothing special, but I've traveled with a few of you types before and always had the gripe that their training was going to fall to the wayside on long trips. Enjoy! I'll be in my cabin if any of you need something."

With that, the transformed Cadalis scampers off below decks toward his room.

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One is simply lost for words. A smile creeps over his face bit by bit eventually overtaking his features. There is a slight element of pain in the expression as though the muscles were not used to taking such a shape. All he can manage is a question which he voices to the air.

"Good luck?"

He wanders up to one of the crew the uncomfortably deep smile still deforming his face.

"Where are the fishing poles and bait, mate?"

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Arcana]Arcana (1d20+13=25)[/sblock]

Dina, the ever astute scholar had no trouble keeping up with Cadalis' tricks. Her ability to feel the dance of the dweomers laid upon the vessel was second nature, and she was almost instantly tuned to the energies around her. She scanned the ship to see if her employer had any more surprises in store.

She pondered the choices given. Fishing? That just seemed like a distraction from the boredom that comes with long stretches of idle time, not really something worthwhile. Fighting? She'd done enough of that recently, so she'd rather save the combat for when it was absolutely necessary. The bar? She needed her wits about her if she was to observe.

Shaking her head she followed after Cadalis.

"Beg your pardon, Captain, while I will probably just spend most of my time observing the voyage and recording it for posterity, I couldn't help notice that like me you are a scholar, a student of magic. Perhaps there is a thing or two you could teach me."

OOC: Dina is very interested in learning rituals, so learning rituals could be part of her payment.

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar nods along as the changes occur on the captain and the ship, his close connection to the magical world giving him the insight to see through many illusions, so this one comes as no surprise. He approaches one of the crewmen after the captain leaves. Is there somewhere I could practice some alchemy during the trip?" he asks.

OOC: I'm gonna go ahead and create a tethercord while we sail. Also, along the same lines as Dina being intersted in rituals, I would be quite happy to receive alchemical formulas.

Last edited:

Remove ads