[Iron Kingdoms] Ogrun speed question?

stringbean

First Post
Dunno if this is the right place to post this, but IK/Privateer doesn't seem to have any forums on their site(s)...

Anyways, the Ogrun (a +1 ecl Large PC race) have among other bonuses a 40' base speed. Wondering why, cuz Ogres, Trolls and other Large Humanoids have for the most part a 30' base move. I'm considering House Ruling it back down to 30. Thoughts on this? (my players are none too pleased...)

Also, does a size Large creature automatically have a 10' reach, or is it a case by case determination? I can't find anything in the Ogrun's description or fluff that says they do possess reach larger than normal, but I'm not sure...

Thanks in advance!

Stringbean

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Ogres and Ogre Mages have a 40' base move.

Ogres usually go 30' because of their armor...

Trolls, on the other hand, go 30'. Maybe they're the dwarves of the Large category? :)

-Hyp.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
stringbean said:
Dunno if this is the right place to post this, but IK/Privateer doesn't seem to have any forums on their site(s)...

Anyways, the Ogrun (a +1 ecl Large PC race) have among other bonuses a 40' base speed. Wondering why, cuz Ogres, Trolls and other Large Humanoids have for the most part a 30' base move. I'm considering House Ruling it back down to 30. Thoughts on this? (my players are none too pleased...)
Hyp has already explained the move thing. I play an ogrun in an IK game. His armor means he moves 30' as well. So everything's on the same page.
Also, does a size Large creature automatically have a 10' reach, or is it a case by case determination? I can't find anything in the Ogrun's description or fluff that says they do possess reach larger than normal, but I'm not sure...
A horse is large size, but doesn't have reach. Definitely a case-by-case basis. However, nearly all of the ogres, ogre-mages, trolls, those sea-trolls I can't remember the name of, etc. have reach. It's the long arms, I guess. When I created my own ogrun I'm nearly positive I actually read somewhere that they had reach, but I can't direct you to a quote, so it may be that I merely extrapolated from the ogre. Then again, my DM also rules that they have reach...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases