WotBS Indomitablity's Boon after Chapter 2

lockyreid1

First Post
Would the PCs still have indomitability's boon after defeating him in chapter two (they followed Tiljann's path)?
I assume that Indom would remove the boon when the players attack him, but I wanted to make sure that wouldn't cause issues later in the campaign.
Thanks

The party explicitly should have his boon in adventure 3. Defeating Indomitability gets his boon, freeing him gets his boon. Basically anything other than leaving the situation unresolved gets his boon.

And if somehow that happens, adventure 3 exposes PCs to vapors from a witch coven's cauldron that infuses them with the power of Tidereaver's Tears, letting them at least ignore the hurricane force winds in that adventure.

In later adventures it doesn't matter so much, but it's still a handy way to keep PCs alive for the length of a campaign

Lylandra

Adventurer
They still have it, but you may wish to rule that some opponent's effects are stronger than the boon. I played it straight in my campaign and found that many cool control effects that get thrown at the party don't affect them at all. Especially as they are immune to "checked" "knocked down" or "blown away by strong winds"

Tormyr

Adventurer
Would the PCs still have indomitability's boon after defeating him in chapter two (they followed Tiljann's path)?
I assume that Indom would remove the boon when the players attack him, but I wanted to make sure that wouldn't cause issues later in the campaign.
Thanks

Which edition are you playing?

Tormyr

Adventurer
We are playing 4th edition.

Ah, the 5e version of Indomitability's boon works a bit differently. It provides the benefits of stand the heat, automatically stabilizes a dying PC and confers advantage on strength checks or saving throws against being moved. Those benefits are provided to only 2 PCs, so overall it is a bit less powerful than previous editions. The rest of the PCs get tidreaver's tears which only gives advantage on strength ability checks and saving throws against being moved by wind or water.

Remove ads