My Wormhole Map: Traveller

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
My fictional gravity shield stops your fictional gravity beam.

Turns out it’s not hard to conceive. ;)

Or say another gravity beam blocks it, the way we shoot down a missile with another missile. I agree it's not that difficult to think of a countermeasure.

Its easy to do the hand wave magic is technology thing.

Doing time consuming orbital mechanics calcs can break the flow of the game, and nobody would call it easy; there is a balance in there, and Marc W Miller said that one of the hardest things about making Traveller was extrapolating technology into the far future. At the end of the day it's still just a game, it is better spending your time figuring out what you consider entertainingly plausible, than sweating over hand waves made 40+ years ago.

Thomas Bowman

First Post
Or say another gravity beam blocks it, the way we shoot down a missile with another missile. I agree it's not that difficult to think of a countermeasure.

Doing time consuming orbital mechanics calcs can break the flow of the game, and nobody would call it easy; there is a balance in there, and Marc W Miller said that one of the hardest things about making Traveller was extrapolating technology into the far future. At the end of the day it's still just a game, it is better spending your time figuring out what you consider entertainingly plausible, than sweating over hand waves made 40+ years ago.

You maybe right. I decided to do a time travel campaign, and maybe use your 3-d Traveller setting as a back drop for it. I'm going to start a new thread to talk about that.

middenface

Explorer
THOMAS AS I HAVE TOLD YOU BEFORE ! IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE ANYONE'S ART WORK PLEASE CREDIT WHERE YOU GOT IT FROM!!!!!

It's not hard is it. It's called courtesy.

Thomas Bowman

First Post
Yeah, I must have been rushed, now if I can remember where it came from, it was quite a while ago. You mean the Star Frontiers spaceships right?
Here's one
http://img06.deviantart.net/9804/i/...p_with_lander_ortho_by_jaythurman-d7iv7su.jpg
star_frontiers___explorer_ship_with_lander_ortho_by_jaythurman-d7iv7su.jpg

And here's the other
http://t15.deviantart.net/adkD0RqoZ...assault_scout_ortho_by_jaythurman-d7g90k3.jpg
star_frontiers___assault_scout_ortho_by_jaythurman-d7g90k3.jpg

Remove ads